Thread: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee help.

Potential Tuner

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee help.

Im currently tuning my brothers 2002 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 5-45RFE. The only issue im currently having is that no matter what I do I cant get the transmission to shift when I command it to. i've raised shift points to from 5,800 to 6,000 rpm and nothing changed. So I changed it to 6,600 rpm and it seems to shift at a lower RPM. I've obviously changed the other parameters with it that could effect it but still nothing. Does anyone know what I could do or if there's something hidden? Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    The 99-04 WJ with the 4.7, has a separate controller for the transmission (TCM). Are you able to access that? What all can you access, as far as shift points and such, on the jtec? I have a 04 4.7 WJ myself, just a offroad toy on 35's, so I've never even thought to have tried plugging hpt into it. I'd do it now, but I have about 35% of the wiring out of it currently.

Potential Tuner
    I have an 04 WJ. You can not change shift points natively via VCM Editor on Release or Beta. I've tried and "trick" and does not change.
    If you need a higher WOT Shift point, edit the fuel cut limit and manually shift it.

However, I've fine tuned the Torque Converter lock and unlock to make it drive like a 2010 RAM with a 545RFE, Rapid engage and disengage right where I need it to.
    My tranny is modified so results may vary.

Did you raise or lower the delta throttle table to lock to convertor in 3rd and 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by SonoranTech View Post
    I have an 04 WJ. You can not change shift points natively via VCM Editor on Release or Beta. I've tried and "trick" and does not change.
    If you need a higher WOT Shift point, edit the fuel cut limit and manually shift it.

However, I've fine tuned the Torque Converter lock and unlock to make it drive like a 2010 RAM with a 545RFE, Rapid engage and disengage right where I need it to.
    My tranny is modified so results may vary.

Potential Tuner
    can i use mpv13 to tune a 2002 4.0 jeep grand cherokee. i dont want to brick the ecm