Thread: Tuning issue or Mechanical issue !Help!

Potential Tuner

Tuning issue or Mechanical issue !Help!

So the vehicle is a 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.4L/5 Speed Nag1, I will list the mods and the tune file sent by tuner and the log itself

MMX 4032 Forged pistons
    MMX Stage 3 NSR Cam
    MMX .80 Pushrods
    MMX Ported intake manifold
    Stainless works 1 7/8 Longtube Headers
    Stainless works Catless Mid pipes
    Muffler Delete/Resonator Delete(both)
    JLT Cold air intake manifold
    Meilling 80psi Oil pump

Pistons were gapped for a 200 shot also crank was turned I think .010 other than that those are the mods I was having issues with LTFT B1 and LTFT B2 i changed B1 O2 sensor and it helped a bit I haven't changed B2 O2 sensor yet I also had a couple Codes pop up

P0420- Catalyst System Below Threshold B1
    P2096- Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean B1
    P2098- Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean B2
    P0471- Exhaust Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
    !!!P000B!!!- B1 Camshaft 2 Position Slow Response

We haven't completed tuning yet because of the P000B and I don't have the money to continue to throw money at this rust bucket haha just looking for something I can attack to fix these issues oh btw Crank sensor is brand new cam sensor is also new, I just bought the B2 O2 sensor, VVT Cam timing solenoid, and Evap canister sorry but i really need help to get her back to 100%
    I live in Colorado so 91 Octane is the best we got with sucky DA

Smoovedave Srt 93 Octane003.hpt log and drive.hpl
    Smoovedave Srt 93 Octane003.hpt new 02 sensor.hpl
    Smoovedave Srt 93 Octane003.hpt
    Last edited by SmooveDave; 11-09-2021 at 11:01 AM.

P000B is as you said Camshaft position slow response. It uses oil pressure to modify (change) the position of the cam(s). Typically the reason for the code is either dirty oil, incorrect viscosity OIL PRESSURE bad oil pressure sensor or oil temp sensor. If I had to take an educated guess it is that you used a modified oil pump. Turning off the code for this one if you chose to retain VVT will give you no end of headaches if it is indeed pressure related. Put on a mechanical oil pressure gauge and verify the sender with actual oil pressure.

Potential Tuner
    So change the oil pump what about the fuel trim issues im having

VVT code. P000B is phaser code. If you look at your log file you have almost 70psi of oil pressure at idle 650 rpm. You have to ALWAYS fix mechanical issues first. Wiring issues second. Sensors and related third. Then comes software modification from stock or known good start file. Never try to "fix" a mechanical or sensor failure issue with software. You need to check and see if you REALLY Have 70psi of oil pressure at an idle. If that's what you want then you will have to mechanically lock your VVT and tune it out. If that is not the pressure you have than it is likely you have a failed pressure sensor. If it is failed, why did it fail? Was it just time? Physically broke due to engine repair? Broken because the pressure was well outside it operating parameter? I have seen this on some stuck pressure regulators. Breaks pressure switch, makes oil leaks and when cold it blows up oil filters on cold accel. Put a gauge on it. Check ebay they have some that screw in place of an oil filter easy peezy. I have a few I use on LS motors. EN-47971 Oil Pressure Gauge https://www.ebay.com/itm/40230043682...UAAOSwY2dgnkgY
    Last edited by TheMechanic; 11-09-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Forgot to answer your exact question. If your cam is at the wrong angle than yes it can effect fuel. If you notice at the 19 minute mark you are rich command B1 +26.6LTFT and normal range on B2 +4.7 LTFT.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Forgot to answer your exact question. If your cam is at the wrong angle than yes it can effect fuel. If you notice at the 19 minute mark you are rich command B1 +26.6LTFT and normal range on B2 +4.7 LTFT.
    apologies I was offline or a bit there I got some new parts I installed a new vvt solenoid the second o2 sensor and the evap purge canister I installed them all and here is that log honestly it looks like things got worse for fuel trim compared to the last log with just 1 new o2 sensor ill put the log down here that i did its pretty much covering everything park drive idle and reverse haha just looking for an answer as to you message about the oil pump I can get it checked but I haven't seen anything that should worry me about i noticed my valve seals getting weaker getting alot of blowby and bits of smoke out the exhaust on hard acceleration

Smoovedave Srt 93 Octane003 new parts.hpl

so this log is brand new o2 sensors(upstream B1/B2) VVT solenoid EVAP purge canister on the same tune that was posted above i tried to reset fuel but not sure it did anything

Your LTFT+STFT's seem pretty good to me. All seem to be 2's and 3's