Thread: Driver demand tab 70 series landcruiser

Potential Tuner

Driver demand tab 70 series landcruiser

Hey don't know if anyone can help but I'm looking for clarification on what does what in the driver demand tab ie: pedal offset, pedal slope, rpm slope and the low med and high pedal %

Cant find a standard fuelling table only rail pressure and timing nothing with mm3 so I'm assuming the ECM is referencing these driver demand parameters to calculate fuel delivery.

Any insight would be great

Screenshot 2022-02-03 154419.png
    Last edited by Rowang; 02-02-2022 at 10:48 PM.

The fuel calculation is shared in the bottom of the window in your screenshot:

Injection Volume = Current Pedal * Pedal Slope + PedalOffset - Current RPM * RPM Slope

Pedal LowMed and MedHigh define the boundaries of the three ranges (Low, Med, High).

We can pick some values to see what the Driver Demand injection volume would be.

Say we are at 2000 RPM and 35% throttle and on Pedal MAP A, our coefficients would be:

• Current Pedal > Pedal LowMed && Current Pedal < Pedal MedHigh, so our Pedal lookup will be Med
    • Driver Demand A Pedal Offset = 9.004 mm3 (Med value)
    • Driver Demand A Pedal Slope = 1.367 mm3/Pedal % (Med value)
    • Driver Demand A/B RPM Slope = 0.014 mm3/RPM (I pulled this from an LC200 file, don't have a 70 file handy, you'll have to substitute your value)

Plugging in our current conditions into the above formula:

Driver Demand Injection Volume = 35 % (Current Pedal) * 1.367 mm3/% (Pedal Slope) + 9.004 mm3 (PedalOffset) - 2000 RPM (Current RPM) * 0.014 mm3/RPM (RPM Slope)
    Driver Demand Injection Volume = 47.845 mm3 + 9.004 mm3 - 28 mm3 = 28.849 mm3

If the Driver Demand Injection Volume exceeds the any of the limits under the Engine -> Diesel Fueling -> Main Injection Limits tab, they will override the Driver Demand calculation.

The scheduled injection events are then determined according to the currently active Engine -> Diesel Fueling -> Injection Configuration table, and the injection volume for each event is determined according total injection volume and engine RPM according to the fueling tables under the tab for each injection event and active injection configuration table.
    Last edited by SlowNStock; 02-06-2022 at 06:14 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you SlowNStock

I'll have a look at this and do some maths and work out what fuel value will be the best to change in the calculation to keep the fuel increase uniform and match the boost increase to keep EGT's in a safe range.