Thread: ISO CanAm Outlander 1000 Stock File Base Map

Potential Tuner

ISO CanAm Outlander 1000 Stock File Base Map

(Need Stock File for Can Am Outlander 1000) have a 2020 Outlander 850xmr that I have built over to 1000 with the stock 850 cam so I?m looking for a base map for an outlander 1000 that I can work with if anyone has one I could get that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by masonhall_11 View Post
    (Need Stock File for Can Am Outlander 1000) have a 2020 Outlander 850xmr that I have built over to 1000 with the stock 850 cam so I?m looking for a base map for an outlander 1000 that I can work with if anyone has one I could get that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
    Hookup HPT, it'll give you a stock map, tune from there.

Potential Tuner
    So tune off the 850 base map? I was told hp tuners doesn?t have a stock file for a 1000

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by masonhall_11 View Post
    So tune off the 850 base map? I was told hp tuners doesn?t have a stock file for a 1000
    Sure, that'll work fine

Potential Tuner
    yes. possible send you files for can am with engine 1000cmc. you solved?

Tuner in Training
    Gentlemen, I'm also looking for a stock 1000cc Can-Am tune. The repository was of little use.

Would prefer an early vehicle with 1000cc v-twin engine, something like a 2010-2014 Outlander.

Any help would be appreciated!

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    I have a 2015 Maverick 1000Xrs, I havent been able to access/readout the stock pcm. I sent a ticket to support to help get the early Mav's unlocked. Once I get inside I'll start a thread/share dyno results.
    Me love boost long time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsen View Post
    Gentlemen, I'm also looking for a stock 1000cc Can-Am tune. The repository was of little use.

Would prefer an early vehicle with 1000cc v-twin engine, something like a 2010-2014 Outlander.

stock 2014 Maverick tune
    7E5130TC5RHS5_mav_2014_stock.hpt

Advanced Tuner

Also, those years Outlander aren't supported yet.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks a ton!

But I can't open the file, "Unable to open file. You're not authorized" error. Could it be locked by any chance? Also, am I correct in assuming that this is from an NA 2 cyl engine?

The reason I want this is a project in consideration: We have a few Cforce 800 ATVs, that use the 800cc engine, which essentially is a rip off the 800 Rotax engine. We've built and tuned a few of these CFs, and saw that it actually could be modified to increase the displacement to about 1000cc. We'll tune the ECM accordingly, but it's a huge PITA to fine-tune the spark tables, as there are no knock sensors. Using auxiliary knock sensor for dialing in the spark is of course an option, that we might resort to. But still, I'd rather look at the MBT tables that the original 1000 cc Rotax used before we go all out.
    Last edited by Xsen; 12-07-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks a ton!

But I can't open the file, "Unable to open file. You're not authorized" error. Could it be locked by any chance? Also, am I correct in assuming that this is from an NA 2 cyl engine?

The reason I want this is a project in consideration: We have a few Cforce 800 ATVs, that use the 800cc engine, which essentially is a rip off the 800 Rotax engine. We've built and tuned a few of these CFs, and saw that it actually could be modified to increase the displacement to about 1000cc. We'll tune the ECM accordingly, but it's a huge PITA to fine-tune the spark tables, as there are no knock sensors. Using auxiliary knock sensor for dialing in the spark is of course an option, that we might resort to. But still, I'd rather look at the MBT tables that the original 1000 cc Rotax used before we go all out.
    No, not locked. You may need to license it, not sure. Yes, NA engine, as all 2014 mavericks are NA.
    I only use knock sensors on boosted stuff, simply tune as if you was back in time before knock sensors existed, if you don't have them. Also, knock sensors are tuned for the displacement of the engine, their calibration goes out the window with big bores & such.
    A CForce 800 motor won't be calibrated the same as a 1000cc rotax motor either, different head, compression, intake, etc

Tuner in Training
    Weird, that it won't open. I thought they always said that you can read any file you'd want without licensing it.

I updated the main and beta VCM editors to latest edition, but to no avail.

Yeah, I know that it would be different, of course no copy-paste here. What's more, CF is managed by a Delphi MT05 ECM, not Bosch.

But I was hoping for a theoretical MBT spark table, just as an another data source.

If those maps are open in the HPT, could you please copy them into Excel or something and share here? I'll try again tomorrow to read the file, but I wonder what the chances are...

Tuner in Training
    I got it sorted out. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    What was the issue with opening the file?

My buddy has my tuner for another day or two, so I can't connect it to my PC at the moment. Just curious about this license to read it.

Of course if you have your tune file, that would be sweet if you could share it. I've got a 2014 Maverick stock as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.cherry View Post
    What was the issue with opening the file?

My buddy has my tuner for another day or two, so I can't connect it to my PC at the moment. Just curious about this license to read it.

Of course if you have your tune file, that would be sweet if you could share it. I've got a 2014 Maverick stock as well.

Thanks
    IIRC, that error is from VCM Editor not being up to date. Use the latest beta to be sure.