Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10r80 Torque Modulation Tables

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zkonmando View Post
    What do you mean by reducing shift torque? In the last part of the last sentence?
    Torque modulation is determined by the input shaft torque applied during the shift. It’s under transmission torque management. If you lower the number, it reduces shift torque.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    but look wut ford did in the drag mode...
    Yes, full torque during the shift. That’s for a stock motor though. I don’t think Ford intended full supercharged 5.0 torque during the shift so I lowered that to 530 ftlb, right or wrong.

Tuner
    What would I need to change to prevent burning the clutches up when I decrease torque modulation? It's a stock trans so don't want it to have a short life.

Advanced Tuner
    I would control shift firmness by selecting different characters, not by reducing torque modulation in a particular character. That’s just me.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I would control shift firmness by selecting different characters, not by reducing torque modulation in a particular character. That’s just me.
    I'm not really trying to get a firmer shift by changing torque modulation. My main goal is to get the timing dip for the shift gone. With it being an Na car I don't see much harm happening to the transmission if I do that and I feel it will help the time slip quite a bit

Advanced Tuner
    I think the most I would do is copy character 0 torque modulation into character 1.

Tuner
    I think the most I would do is copy character 0 torque modulation into character 1.
    Ok, is there anything else to change? In terms of shift pressures etc? Just want to make sure I don't toss this trans lol

not the other way around?

Advanced Tuner
    I can’t say they are all this way but mine calls for little or no shift torque in character 1. It’s weird and seems backwards but I checked another one and it was the same way. The shifts are quicker in character 1 but the shift torque is much lower.

For boost its better to completely discard the character 0.

I can’t say they are all this way but mine calls for little or no shift torque in character 1. It’s weird and seems backwards but I checked another one and it was the same way. The shifts are quicker in character 1 but the shift torque is much lower.
    Character 0 - Drive
    Character 1 - Sport
    Character 2 - Drag

Tq modulation - Drive
    Tq modulation alt 1 - Sport
    Tq modulation alt 2 - Drag
    Last edited by veeefour; 11-16-2021 at 03:25 PM.

You got 3 sets of values for almost everything besides Shift Pressure where you only have two.

Base is used for Drive and Sport and Alt is used for Drag mode.

Advanced Tuner
    In the Gen3, for example on the 4-5 shift max torque, modulation is:

524 in character 0
    15 in character 1
    738 in character 2

I would feel comfortable lowering any of these, or maybe copying 0 into 1.

524 in character 0
    15 in character 1
    738 in character 2
    It really depends if this is MY18 or 19 or 20 - stuff is addressed differently. Im talking 18 calibration.

524 in character 0
    15 in character 1
    738 in character 2

And 4-5 shift in sport mode is not making any sense, i know...anyways there are many ways to skin a cat. I use to modify those tables a lot...
    The old known trick from 6r works here as well - just keep in mind that stock 10r frictions are extremely shitty, 6r frction were good to say the least.
    10r needs new clutches if you want to pack anything over 800Nm no matter what you do in tune - period. I had 4 and 5 th gear slipping on "holding"
    with pressure raised like 3-4 times...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    It really depends if this is MY18 or 19 or 20 - stuff is addressed differently. Im talking 18 calibration.
    I guess but my 2018 was the same way.

Tuner
    After reading through this what I am seeing I think I should do is copy 0 to alt 1 as a starting place, and then play with shift pressures to put more pressure on the clutches and prevent some slip. If that's right can you point me in the right direction on where to adjust shift pressure? There are way to many tables in that trans and I don't want to be adjusting things that can cause harm.

Advanced Tuner
    Why aren’t you just using shift character 2 when you want quicker shift times and less torque cut?

I don’t think you want to go down the path you are headed down. It’s much more complicated than your are thinking.

Tuner
    Why aren’t you just using shift character 2 when you want quicker shift times and less torque cut?

I don’t think you want to go down the path you are headed down. It’s much more complicated than your are thinking.
    If I could get the car to use it I would. In the screenshot attached it shows that drag modr should use alt 2 in all situations but per the log it is not and is using alt 1 instead. Very bizarre. Would rather learn how to get the car to do what I want it to do then learn a work around. I'm a student with a part time job so time is something I still have plenty of right now so I would like to use it to learn while I still can.

Advanced Tuner
    You’re trying to fix a problem that only exists on the dyno by modifying things “we” don’t fully understand that could potentially affect reliability. Most people don’t even let it shift on the dyno.

Maybe try populating the entire shift character table with 2’s and see if it still does it.