Thread: Equivalence ratio commanding rich at idle and cruise

Equivalence ratio commanding rich at idle and cruise

When I am cruising and at idle the EQ ratio is commanding around .93-.96 instead of 1 lambda. At WOT its like .83 I think that's still a little 5% rich. At idle It might be just that it was because I messed with the overspeed and underspeed spark tables to get a more lope but I don't think that would have much effect. I could just take 5% out so the wideband reads right, but I would rather have it right for when I start tuning speed density. Right at this moment I am scaling the MAF.
    I have read that this is due to a couple of things
    • Intake tubing size
    • A vacuum leak
    • Something wrong with the tune/ something not disabled
    • Dirty MAF sensor

Is there anything I'm missing and should check before going for another drive? Should I try and log AFR from the wideband and AFR commanded and see if there's a difference?
    Log:work4.hpl
    Tune:maf 3.hpt

Senior Tuner
    look at all your OL tables usually the ivt gains is missed so u will need that to be 1.0 in the operating temps for it to command lambda when in OL, ur file says its tuner locked

Its a gen 3 car I'm pretty sure there is no IVT tables, at least I cannot find them, is there something else under open loop that I should check in place of IVT? Thanks for your help.

Senior Tuner
    check all OL tables if it's not commanding 1.0 then there must be something commanding it in a table somewhere at operating temps

Im still having this issue I have sort of checked for a vacuum leak, sprayed around some break clean, but im getting 15 inches at idle so I do not think that is the problem. I changed to a new temperature sensor because one guy said his was bad had fluctuating eq commanded. Also did a new maf sensor and the old one has like a little dent in the mesh and I was like this might be the problem. Again here are the new logs and tune file, I am certain its something with the file I have just been try to subtract 5 percent to get closer to 1.0 lambda.maf5.hptmaf6.hpl

Senior Tuner
    your file is tuner locked

Sorry I think I got it this time.maf5.hpt

Senior Tuner
    the OL EQratio table ecm12430 has values above 1.0 meaning it will not command 1.0 when OL set the operating temp range column say 176f (80c) and above to 1.0 and u should be right

So what is wrong with my car if no one else changes their ol eqtables to tune their car? sorry for the very late reply, I went off to school and came back for the summer but I assume this is because there is a vaccum leak causing the cars map sensor to read wrong or the map sensor is messed up?
    Last edited by Gangstarsnowman; 05-08-2022 at 08:49 PM.