Thread: Is there a way to display symbology as part of a value (i.e., %, °, etc.)?

Is there a way to display symbology as part of a value (i.e., %, °, etc.)?

I want to make some display elements that show things like throttle as a percentage. Is there a way to get RaceRender to display a unit/symbol after a value, like percent or degree?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoil_Haberdashery View Post
    I want to make some display elements that show things like throttle as a percentage. Is there a way to get RaceRender to display a unit/symbol after a value, like percent or degree?
    Yes, the Text Data Display Object has an option for Mode which you can switch from "Number Only" to "Number & Text" (to display the text to the right of the number) or "Text & Number" (to display the text to the left of the number). You would then change the text in the textarea to be whatever you need.

Alternatively, if you're using a different Display Object, you can just add a Text Display Object and put whatever symbol you need in there and then align it appropriately on top of your other display.

Banned
    I find symbols work perfectly on the PC version, but when running on a Mac, symbols don`t display properly at all. I have to save the symbol as a .png and add that manually, which is a pain and can't be done if the text is centred and moves as the data changes.