Thread: 2018 ATS Boost pressure problem?How to increase Desired Boost . (E80A PCM 2.0T LTG)

Potential Tuner

Question 2018 ATS Boost pressure problem?How to increase Desired Boost . (E80A PCM 2.0T LTG)

Hello guys! Rookie tuning enthusiast here!

I've started working on my own 2.0T ATS for a couple days . I had my MAF calibration done ,but left my VVE stock for this moment because the following boost pressure problem i post here got me stuck for a long time:

I found my boost pressure and the desired boost very very LOW!(IN WOT) The pressure and pressure request can only reach 2.1 bar - 2.4 bar . I could never done the VVE calibration under MAP pressure range exceeding 2.4 bar in a 3 bar VVE system.

----THIS IS A SPLIT LINE-------
    Here is the detailed description of my problem .
    1.Under WOT , the Desired boost would coming up to 2.4 bar at the beginning , then drop all the way down to 2.1 bar in the 1st shift period , then pulling up to 2.3 bar again ,down to 2.1 bar again , then repeat until my foot left the pedal.

Here is what i am doing for trial and error .
    1.Set some limiter high to exclude their impact on pressure requests and torque request.(e g. Peak engine torque, Brake torque ,Over boost torque ,Boost pressure max limit ).
    2.Set dramatically high DD value under 50 %-100% pedal range .(Maybe increasing the torque request can convert to a boost request ?? But it's not result in a predicted torque cmd increasing in the end..)
    3.Pulling up knock airmass a little in 0? colume.
    4.Other thing like Virtual Torque,Boost P.I.D control ,Wastegate DC,spark, I left them stock.

I'm confusing about the GM torque management . According to the E78 help document , desired MAP comes from the Pedal request .....So could some guy explain to me about this problem :
    1.Why the predicted torque cmd didn't increasing when i pulling up the DD value .
    2.How can i increase the desired boost..

Gratitude to all of you in advance!!!

21-11-13 10-46-29.hplatsl 11-13.hpt

These are just really tricky and very few people know how to exactly do this. Better off buying a tune and try to learn from it. Your on one side of that coin and the other is the car trying to over boost all the time which will result in kr and very quick engine failure. These are not forgiving at all. So be very careful Cause if you were to land on something that makes boost spike it will be a trip to the dealership for a new motor.

Advanced Tuner
    Lot more to boost control than just your request with the pedal. Flirting with the overtemp thresholds, for one...they're going to come clamp down on whatever you're asking for. Lots going on in the new controllers. Record everything.

Do you have any mods?

Potential Tuner
    That's a great advice. Later i pulled out wastegate dc % in some areas according to the log . Now over boost is no longer a problem.

Potential Tuner
    Wow ! Overtemp causes boost limit seems a new theory to me , consider about it~~~Thanks bro!

Potential Tuner
    Sure! I had install a AFE cold air-intake kit, a biger Front-intercooler which comes from SABER, and 200* downpipe~~

How to increase the desired boost. (E80A PCM 2.0T LTG) I also thought about this question for a long time