Thread: VCM Scanner Wont Open Windows10

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner Wont Open Windows10

Hello All,

I currently cannot get VCM editor or scanner to open on a new laptop, Windows 10 home, 8GB of RAM, 150GB SSD and Snapdragon CPU.

I have tried a fresh install of Windows twice, as well as disabling Antivirus/Anti Malware, checking system file permissions against a working install, trying a new profile, reinstalling .net(I was sure it was a .net issue at first), running the programs as "Administrator", enabling the Administrator account and installing the VCM suite with the Admin account under the Admin profile, Disabling UAC, updating to the newest version of Windows 10 and installing all of the available updates. . When clicking either program the Windows loading wheel spins, and I get the following error in event viewer

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP Tuners\VCM Suite\VCM Scanner.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr. dll

I thought it might be a .Net issue so after a new install of Windows, it appears no more .net error, now I get the following error

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP Tuners\VCM Suite\VCM Scanner.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll

The only thing I can think of at this point is that HP Tuners does not like the CPU. Is anyone running HP Tuners on a Windows 10/SnapDragon CPU machine? Anyone have any other ideas?

Thread about win 11, but it is the ARM architecture cpu like the snapdragon.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...dows-11-on-ARM

Potential Tuner
    I have the same issue with a laptop that I purchased used (specifically to install vcm suite/scanner). Windows 10 software and 4gb of ram. I updated Windows 10 and tried to repair VCM suite multiple times. It still won't open. Not sure what to do.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    AFAIK snapdragon CPU is an ARM processor which is not supported.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I am running into the same problem, is there any updates or work arounds or do I have to go buy yet another laptop lol.

(my son just broke my old one, this is starting to hurt),

Sorry, I'm a Macbook person so I don't really understand a lot of this stuff yet, could someone tell me if this laptop would work???

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...-11-s/15701035

Thanks,
    Sean
    Last edited by sgo70; 01-03-2022 at 08:30 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgo70 View Post
    I am running into the same problem, is there any updates or work arounds or do I have to go buy yet another laptop lol.

(my son just broke my old one, this is starting to hurt),

Sorry, I'm a Macbook person so I don't really understand a lot of this stuff yet, could someone tell me if this laptop would work???

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...-11-s/15701035

Thanks,
    Sean
    That pc is borderline at best with only 4gb of ram and a celeron processor, I would suggest something with slightly better specs. With that said it does meet our bare minimum requirements

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-sca...uirements.html
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    i am currently using windows 10 with no issues on an Acer laptop. i did have to disable "S Mode" though. that seems to be a feature that lets you search only the apps and drivers that are known to be safe. im not a computer whiz so it took me several hours and all of a sudden it was an "ah-ha" moment. i had to search for a driver that was compatible. this is what fixed my issues. however, you may or may not need to search for a new driver. the best i can tell you is to use Google. i googled for hours and figured out how to search for a new driver. This was a scary moment for me since i bought this laptop for school and it is brand new. The only thing on my laptop is hp tuners and schoolwork. good luck!