Thread: P59 Ecm Not Commanding Close loop

Tuner in Training

P59 Ecm Not Commanding Close loop

Has any one had a promblem with the P59 ECM not comanding closed loop and showing STFT at 0% but is showing voltage in the O2 sensors Recently havent been able to adjust my VE table due to its not trimming fuel. any help well be appreciated 21-11-13 21-18-05.hpl

The o2 sensor are reporting values but those values are the default values of non working sensors.

~450mv means they are unplugged or have a power/ground problem with the harness.

Also you can not unplug your MAF sensor to tune the VE table, that is because it stops the IAT sensor from working and you need an IAT sensor for tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    okay so like a damaged wire in both banks or can one bank cause both banks not to trim also switching to IAT Sensor to not need the maf

You will need wiring diagrams that match the parts and OS you are using.

Advanced Tuner
    Try revving and hold 3000rpm or so and see if the sensors wake up. If the heater circuit is damaged or shorted they will need exhaust heat to wake them.
    I have tried to post my Idle channels list a few times but the asset doesn't seem to be uploading right. I will leave it on here and hope it is available.
    What if any are the DTCs?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 11-14-2021 at 01:51 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune file. While my 02 sensor heaters are not PCM controlled by my P59 (1997 L31 wiring harness), the sensor become active very quickly and short terms start to move around very quickly.

Advanced Tuner
    5.0 STFT are active and lean. He's in OL not ready, not a OL -fault. Why it just dropped off toward the end of log, now that is curious.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    5.0 STFT are active and lean. He's in OL not ready, not a OL -fault. Why it just dropped off toward the end of log, now that is curious.
    im force commanding closed loop when i deactivate force closed loop they 0 out

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    Post your tune file. While my 02 sensor heaters are not PCM controlled by my P59 (1997 L31 wiring harness), the sensor become active very quickly and short terms start to move around very quickly.
    This is my tune fileSpeed Density Fix with DTC and other stuff.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Did revving & hold to a higher rpm get hot enough to wake up? O2 need 600-700* to create milli voltage. No heat then they don't work. Artificial from a PCM circuit or natural exhaust heat but unresponsive/sluggish without it and OL not ready. It may be a wiring issue but at least this will tell you sensors work when hot.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you running a FPR fuel rail or returnless, injector data is FPR and basically stock yet the offset and short pulse adder is poorly characterized? Do you have a WB installed I did not see it in the log? You're running in OL Temp settings, I normally disable the STFT and use EQ or AFR error in OL tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Are you running a FPR fuel rail or returnless, injector data is FPR and basically stock yet the offset and short pulse adder is poorly characterized? Do you have a WB installed I did not see it in the log? You're running in OL Temp settings, I normally disable the STFT and use EQ or AFR error in OL tuning.
    the truck is a return style also The truck has been tunned by many diffrent shops also used to be a v6 truck so ive been looking for a stock 4.8 to restart my base tune that can explain for the messiness in the tune i do not have afr gauge hooked up to the mpvi just reading the gauge the truck does feel sluggish i also have not tried to revv the truck up to see if o2 will turn on but if worse case ill just have to rerun new wires to the o2 to see if thats the problem

Advanced Tuner
    Your original post ask about the truck not commanding closed loop. Your engine coolant temp settings has it running in open loop.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock5.0 View Post
    the is a return style also The truck has been tunned by many diffrent shops also used to be a v6 truck so ive been looking for a stock 4.8 to restart my base tune that can explain for the messiness in the tune i do not have afr gauge hooked up to the mpvi just reading the gauge the truck does feel sluggish i also have not tried to revv the truck up to see if o2 will turn on but if worse case ill just have to rerun new wires to the o2 to see if thats the problem
    What size engine is it?

Tuner in Training
    Its a 4.8L i also did the trick holding the rpm got the o2s to turn on and was able to see them work so im guessing broken heater wire or wat could cause both heater wires to not work

Tuner in Training
    What size engine is it?
    21-12-06 16-00-02.hpl

heres a data log