Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can am current injectors

Potential Tuner

Can am current injectors

Hi gays
    I change the stock injector to big one which is Bosch 630 cc?. How can I change the injectors current???? Because I have problem with it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalbani View Post
    Hi gays
    I change the stock injector to big one which is Bosch 630 cc?. How can I change the injectors current???? Because I have problem with it.
    Get injector settings from the manufacturer and plug in all parameters.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Get injector settings from the manufacturer and plug in all parameters.

all I see is this...
    I'm assuming we change the injector slope and maybe the voltage offset?
    where do we find those parameters?

Screenshot 2022-02-14 093745.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    I'm still wondering this too, ID is supposed to get the parameters up on their site for their injectors, but so far, they haven't I don't think.

Tuner
    I'm still wondering this too, ID is supposed to get the parameters up on their site for their injectors, but so far, they haven't I don't think.

so with the tab I posted, how do we change to larger injectors?

Tuner in Training
    They have been on there for a while, here is the link but instructions are for DJ. Numbers don't match up for HPT though unfortunately. DJ sais airmass were HPT states Fuel mass on the inj scaling table.

http://injectordynamics.com/utv/

Edit: Guess you could use DJ's scaling and do a % difference to get you close.
    HPT Fuel inj difference 2018 vs 2020
    = % .246132001630977

Dynojet Fuel inj difference 2018 vs 2020
    =% .2461297062352635
    Last edited by rcr1978; 02-19-2022 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Added info

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    They have been on there for a while, here is the link but instructions are for DJ. Numbers don't match up for HPT though unfortunately. DJ sais airmass were HPT states Fuel mass on the inj scaling table.

http://injectordynamics.com/utv/

Edit: Guess you could use DJ's scaling and do a % difference to get you close.
    HPT Fuel inj difference 2018 vs 2020
    = % .246132001630977

Dynojet Fuel inj difference 2018 vs 2020
    =% .2461297062352635
    How would scaling help?
    What difference are you referencing? There are many machines that use this ecu, and several different size injectors factory.

Dynojet scaling is wrong. Injector Dynamics values were built around the incorrect scaling.

I've spoken to ID, and they have an updated calculator coming out that outputs the correct values.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Dynojet scaling is wrong. Injector Dynamics values were built around the incorrect scaling.

I've spoken to ID, and they have an updated calculator coming out that outputs the correct values.
    Good news!
    Will this be corrected for DJ PV3, and/or HPT?

Tuner in Training
    I was just stating you could use the stock inj values in the DJ software and then grab the values off ID site for whatever your using if it's their 1050's ect. Then do a percent difference between the two and apply that percent diff to HPT's inj number to get close. I used the the two different inj sizes between the 17-19 x3's vs the 20+ from both DJ and HPT to show that it is extremely close using the percent diff to compare to get you a number.

Advanced Tuner
    I was just stating you could use the stock inj values in the DJ software and then grab the values off ID site for whatever your using if it's their 1050's ect. Then do a percent difference between the two and apply that percent diff to HPT's inj number to get close. I used the the two different inj sizes between the 17-19 x3's vs the 20+ from both DJ and HPT to show that it is extremely close using the percent diff to compare to get you a number.
    Which values?

Tuner in Training
    DJ injector scaling 18-19 is 0.119177. The 17's were a little different, they had the same injector but lower fuel pressure.
    I grabbed the info off Id site for the 1050's the new scaling number for DJ would be 0.0370, you would do a percent diff with these and apply that to the HPT slope could get you close may not be perfect.

HPT's calls there Inj slope, 18-19 is 0.76273333

I did just notice the voltage correction is different between the two platforms also, DJ calls theirs latency and HPT's calls theirs voltage offset. Not sure but you may be able to do the same with the voltage doing a percent diff, hard to say might just be worth waiting until Id updates their site to include HPT's way of doing the inj input.

I'm still using DJ's stuff with ID1050's and E85, i'm only here to see if it's worth switching or if I see something I just can't do without. I do have a MPVI2 and picked up the adapter cable to check out the options in the scanner and editor.

Good news!
    Will this be corrected for DJ PV3, and/or HPT?
    The ID data for DJ thats out works. However since the scaling is wrong, if you put that data into HPT its not going to work well. Calculator for HPT should drop soon.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    DJ injector scaling 18-19 is 0.119177. The 17's were a little different, they had the same injector but lower fuel pressure.
    I grabbed the info off Id site for the 1050's the new scaling number for DJ would be 0.0370, you would do a percent diff with these and apply that to the HPT slope could get you close may not be perfect.

HPT's calls there Inj slope, 18-19 is 0.76273333

I did just notice the voltage correction is different between the two platforms also, DJ calls theirs latency and HPT's calls theirs voltage offset. Not sure but you may be able to do the same with the voltage doing a percent diff, hard to say might just be worth waiting until Id updates their site to include HPT's way of doing the inj input.

I'm still using DJ's stuff with ID1050's and E85, i'm only here to see if it's worth switching or if I see something I just can't do without. I do have a MPVI2 and picked up the adapter cable to check out the options in the scanner and editor.
    18-19 what? Commander, Defender, Maverick, X3?

There's a calculator out now, should make all inj parameters come out right hopefully. I'll be trying it out over the next few days.
    Hopefully it's ok to post this on here:
    https://www.wolframcloud.com/obj/pau...tor%20-%20Beta

There's a calculator out now, should make all inj parameters come out right hopefully. I'll be trying it out over the next few days.
    Beat me to it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training

Sorry it was for the X3, good news on the inj calculator though. There is a little more info to input into the software than DJ's way of doing things, now if there was a autotune/VE table tool

Sorry it was for the X3, good news on the inj calculator though. There is a little more info to input into the software than DJ's way of doing things, now if there was a autotune/VE table tool
    There is no autotune, but you could setup a chart in VCM scanner logging fuel correction based on RPM and MAP and use this to correct the VE table.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    There is no autotune, but you could setup a chart in VCM scanner logging fuel correction based on RPM and MAP and use this to correct the VE table.
    I made one called "afr error"

Screenshot 2022-03-09 071207.png
    Last edited by Tbranella; 03-09-2022 at 06:24 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    I made one called "afr error"

Screenshot 2022-03-09 071207.png
    You'll need to do both cylinders on a V-Twin

Tuner
    I have a SeaDoo 1630..
    O2 sensor is in the exhaust mahifold, so it's getting all 3 cylinders.
    VE table covers all cylinders.