Thread: Nube question before tuner arrives

Potential Tuner

Nube question before tuner arrives

I have a 2005 suburban with a 5.3 that I am dropping a 2000 LQ4 6.0L (with up grades) Into. The 6.0L came with an ECU as well. With the whole credit costs which ECU should I unlock or does it make a difference?

You must use the computer already in the suburban. The 2000 computer is an older P01 and you have a P59.

So you also must keep drive by wire. Basically you are just doing a long block swap and using all the intake/fuel rail stuff from your 5.3 engine. License the 5.3 computer and then just tune it from there. Can probably find a stock 6.0 Yukon Denali file from 2004-2005ish and swap a bunch of data around to make it like it was there from the factory. Mainly just the idle settings, idle airflow, MAF/VE data for fueling and timing tables. It should run alright just doing that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You must use the computer already in the suburban. The 2000 computer is an older P01 and you have a P59.

So you also must keep drive by wire. Basically you are just doing a long block swap and using all the intake/fuel rail stuff from your 5.3 engine. License the 5.3 computer and then just tune it from there. Can probably find a stock 6.0 Yukon Denali file from 2004-2005ish and swap a bunch of data around to make it like it was there from the factory. Mainly just the idle settings, idle airflow, MAF/VE data for fueling and timing tables. It should run alright just doing that.
    Thank you. Yes It is pretty much a long block swap but I am putting in a TBSS intake which is still "fly by wire" so should be good. Appreciate the help!