Thread: Guys I need a little Macbook Help

Potential Tuner

Question Guys I need a little Macbook Help

Guys I could certainly use some help.
    I am having a hell of a time with getting my MPVI2+ up and running on my Macbook Pro. I know for a fact that several people have this setup or a very similar setup that functions perfectly, so I know it can be done. I'm sure it's a very simple issue that I am overlooking but I am stumped and hopefully one of you fellow Apple users can help me out. I've searched for days, I even emailed HPT support not expecting a miracle since I knew going into this I was gonna be on my own trying to use an "unsupported platform", and as expected they did indeed very quickly tell me to go pound sand, which is fine - It was worth a shot.

I installed the VCM suite (stable & beta EDITOR & SCANNER), installed the MPVI2 drivers from the website, did the authentication/verification process to get it added to my HPT account on their website, and everything was perfect... Next I click on the 'resync interface' and the window pops up for syncing - below of the information for what syncing does it displays the status and the progress bar it quickly starts with "READING FROM MPVI INTERFACE", as the progress bar speedily swipes left to right it changes to "SUBMITTING REQUEST TO HP TUNERS SERVERS", then states "FAILED TO WRITE DATA TO INTERFACE" and the START button changes to RETRY and I can close the window or retry (which yields the same result). So until I can get beyond this issue I can't sync my MPVI2+ which means I can't read/write anything.

I was able to get this to work on my windows laptop with no problems (ironically the same machine I used for the disk image used for the ISO when I set up my Macbook Pro back in 2018). So I began to dissect the differences between the two machines and the only thing I can find different is the handling of the data during data transfer to the MPVI2+. I used a program that I got for free (trial) called Serial Port Monitor (https://tinyurl.com/u2p4upfc) to monitor the communication as it happens in an attempt to diagnose the issue... which I think I did, but I'm not sure what exactly it means or how to rectify the issue. I will be hosting the 2 HTML files ( https://tinyurl.com/4nn8asuc & https://bit.ly/3Fo4ngw ) showing the data as sent from my Macbook AND the working Windows laptop as well (Click the links and open then save them and open them them with a web-browser to view in tabled format (firefox worked best for me)) If you just click on the links they raw text will be displayed with is incredibly hard to read, trust me.... open with firefox or similar. It appears to me that it fails an authentication sequence, hence the "Invalid RSA key" statement located on line 1270 of the "failed dump.html", but i don't know how to decipher any more of the information to determine the needed fix. This may not be the entire (or even part of) issue I am having but it sure seems like it would be to me.

Here's my setup:
    2018 Macbook Pro w/ macOS12 Monterey Running Paralles 17.01 w/ Windows10 (downgraded from Parallels 17.10 to resolve a usb connection issue).
    Macbook System Report.png Windows Specs.png Device Specs AS WINDOWS SEES IT.png

I have:
    Uninstalled the VCM suite
    Deleted the drivers
    Updated, then downgraded parallels (from 16.xx to 17.10, then down to 17.01)
    I have run all Microsoft updates available
    Upgraded to macOS12 Monterey... it didn't work with Big Sur either.
    Tried several data cables between MPVI2+ and Macbook (with and without dongles)

I just really have no idea where to go from here. Useful help is greatly appreciated.
    Here's the VCM Debug file as well (it might be helpful to some).

VCM Debug Info.png

I can try to provide any additional information that may be viewed as helpful.

Thank you guys.

Potential Tuner
    UPDATE: I also installed another VM instance with a fresh download of WIN10 from Microsoft to make sure it was not a hanging driver file or something that was causing an issue. Same problem with a fresh install, which tells me it's one of two things... The Mac side of things is interfering with communications ormolu likely, Parallels isn't handling the traffic correctly or isn't handling the driver correctly. That being said I checked and found that Microsoft logs drivers issues during attempted installations (passed or failed) in what they call the Event Viewer which is included in Windows10. I have observed my log and its states:

"Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service usbser for Device Instance ID USB\VID_31DE&PID_1860\5&19F4C0D2&0&6 with the following status: 0."
    "Device USB\VID_31DE&PID_1860\5&19f4c0d2&0&6 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match."
    "Device USB\VID_31DE&PID_1860\5&19f4c0d2&0&6 requires further installation."

There are multiple instances of this error logged since I have repeatedly been trying to get this to work, but this is what the failure appears to be stemming from. I have done a fair amount of searching for a remedy for this issue, but every resolution I find doesn't seem to work. All my drivers are functioning in device manager, no yellow alert notifications, Ive done the sfc scan, all windows updates, etc. I did see where one of the websites I visited suggested that having 2 operating systems on the same machine can cause migration issues like this, but I'd think parallels would be taking care of the reason that could cause that to occur?? I'm lost. I'll gladly email my event logs to anyone that wants to see it, if that would help.