Thread: 4l65 tcc

Tuner in Training

4l65 tcc

After tune, my 4l65 works flawless on shifting, TCC apply, shift points ect. Except when engine temp is below about 170. When below operating temp the converter is locked up in 2nd through 4th. It will lock up after a second or two after the 1-2 shift. It then unlocks briefly when it shifts 2-3 then locks again (stays locked in 2nd and 3rd even at full throttle) and then does the same ( unlocks during shift and then reapplies) on the 3-4 shift. I thought I noticed it doing this back in the summer when it was 95 out but the truck reached operating temp so quickly it was hard to tell. Only every once in a while during the summer first thing in the morning it might do it on the very first shift pulling out of my neighborhood. Now that it's winter in Florida and gets in the low 50's at night it acts this way until it warms almost all the way up. DBW LQ9, 3400 converter, 4.10 gears, 12589462 ECM. I have a led indicator light on my dash that turns on when the radiator fans are running and it seems like the trans starts acting normally about the exact same time as I start seeing the radiator fans start cycling. I didn't tune it and i am not even sure if it could be tune or transmission related.
    Last edited by BLeeBull; 11-17-2021 at 07:47 AM.