Thread: 02 voltage drops

02 voltage drops

hello I've been trying to get this figured out on my own but I have to turn to the pros for this one.

so I have a ls2 with ls3 top in and a 228/240 629/614 113 ls3 cam

here the problem I thought my 02's were bad so I bought a brand new set. Passenger side(bank2) is reading correct as far as I can tell but the driver side (bank1) is showing lean on my VE and showing low 90-100mv on my 02 still after I swapped them out, so here's the funny thing when the 02 is not screwed in the bung on bank 1 it shows 457 but as soon as I put it in the header bung it instantly drops and goes down to 90-120mv I'm just trying to get the VE table drivable until I can grab a wideband for this car also

1st drive ls2.hpllean dropp.hplizzy tuned copy lakep ve tune 2.hpt
    Last edited by 2000ss; 11-17-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Anyone ?

Did you input all the injector data correctly?

And you're positive you have zero vacuum leaks or injector o-ring leaks.

The open loop EQ ratio table also needs to be 1.00 for temps above 140 degrees, it's bouncing around and not staying at stoich right now. I would return the VE tables to stock and start over, they are so far wrong right now that you are just fighting a losing battle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Did you input all the injector data correctly?

And you're positive you have zero vacuum leaks or injector o-ring leaks.

The open loop EQ ratio table also needs to be 1.00 for temps above 140 degrees, it's bouncing around and not staying at stoich right now. I would return the VE tables to stock and start over, they are so far wrong right now that you are just fighting a losing battle.
    injector data is from dspeck from this site and i have used it in the pass before with no problems

brand injectors and no leaks anywhere i just got the exhaust tightened up

so this tune is from my ls3 and i tried to run with it so i changed alot from what the tune that the tuner did, i changed the stoich to 14.7 like factory and now its working out a little better but i get a sputter when i go about 50% throttle and 3800 rpm (stall is 3600)

drive 1.hplizzy tuned copy lakep ve tune 2.hpt
    2000 ss-stock w/ls6 intake 3.42 a4
    1985 El Camino ss 327
    2002 z28 built 347 ls1 A3

Your PE is a bit high at 5,800 RPM. Throttle hot and cold is pretty high also at 80. I like it at 2,500 to 3K and throttle at 65%. I would change the PE EQ ratio from 1.130 to 1.2. That fattens you up to 12.2 AFR.

FORGOT TO ADD
    Check your Ground circuit for those HO2's. It is at the back of the left/driver cylinder head. Have MANY I have found that were broken because someone didn't disconnect before removing engine/heads. Or just not connected/tight
    Last edited by TheMechanic; 11-19-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Your air flow is misrepresented. Are you using the OL STFT to tune the VE table? I believe you stated there is not a WB right?
    That is a really bad VE table and you are running SD. Look at the 3D Chart of your table to get an idea why your OL STFT is all over the place lol.
    Do you still have the MAF sensor in place and it is just failed for SD tuning or is it deleted?
    Have you checked the wires to make sure they are oriented correctly? They can get plugged in backwards especially with extensions.