Thread: i need help with tuning a ghost cam Sierra 4.8

i need help with tuning a ghost cam Sierra 4.8

Hello,

yesterday i tried to do a ghost cam on Sierra 4.8L 2006.
    with 2 tables only
    Spark - Advance - idle adaptive spark
    Overspeed & Undersppd tables

i did rise the values in both of them and the car idle nice with a good sound for cam and everything seems normal.
    but i got check engine " Random misfire code " after few min. and it's not stable ( check engine light flashing )
    the check engine disappear every few min and it get back.

Can someone tell me if im missing something here. Is there a tables which need to be adjust?

thank you in advance

Advanced Tuner
    You are missing intelligence. ghost cams are bad tunes made worse. Just don't
    97 ext cab short bed silverado 5.7 411 swap, edelbrock 29135 intake, lightly ported 906 heads milled .035 thou. factory press in rocker studs & rockers, comp 787 retainers & stock locks, ls6 springs. Comp cams 08-503-8 T56 swap

86 SWB crate vortec 5.7/th350 The wife's truck

Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    You are missing intelligence. ghost cams are bad tunes made worse. Just don't
    Could you please explain more why you said that?

This is a single cam non VVT…..

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

the application may be modified to run within the confines of specified/specific parameters reliably or sufficient to drive the vehicle,

whereas the practical application of tuning an engine and it's software component is towards minimizing carbon coatings and partially reacted combustion chamber byproducts

in other words, efficiency and reliability as well as minimizing maintenance costs and resulting end user wear and tear is partially responsible to(depends on) ideal combustion dynamics given the supplied hardware and details within the software, if there even is software. (Engines can run without computer control and be tuned well, or not, similarly)