Thread: 2011 gmc sierra 1500 lc9 to ly6 swap

Tuner in Training

2011 gmc sierra 1500 lc9 to ly6 swap

Hey guys have a 11 1500 sierra with the lc9 5.3, swapping the engine for the ly6 6.0 and can see that since the engine is from a 2007 2500hd its an e38 ecm which is the same as my lc9 5.3. I should be able to copy the fuel and spark tables and have it run with the stock tune? i have the whole harness and computer from the 6.0 aswell. let me know what you guys think.

Thanks Luka

Advanced Tuner
    Use your existing harness and ECM, just swap the engine out. Same reluctor setup, so your stock ECM will run it no problem. Use the comparison function in VCM Editor and copy over the VVE, Spark, and other fueling tables from a LY6 stock tune (look in the repo for an 08/09/10 Express Van) to your current tune as a baseline.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Use your existing harness and ECM, just swap the engine out. Same reluctor setup, so your stock ECM will run it no problem. Use the comparison function in VCM Editor and copy over the VVE, Spark, and other fueling tables from a LY6 stock tune (look in the repo for an 08/09/10 Express Van) to your current tune as a baseline.
    Great thanks for the help

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Total newb here.
    after comparing the engine files, Can the "Segment swap" be used to import only the LY6 engine operation files to the original tune file ?
    Thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Thank you

Potential Tuner
    LukaD, I'm about to do the same swap, just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. Was it as simple as instructed by ScarabEpic22? any other issues you ran into?
    2. Was it a 6l80 for either tune, and if so did you carry anything over from the 6.0 trans file?

Cheers

Advanced Tuner
    Follow the screenshot blindsquirel posted. Like 2 clicks to get everything on the engine side copied over.

If you have a 6L80, as long as you get the ECM side updated, it will send the correct torque signals to the TCM. You may need to adjust a few more things once you get it running, but for baseline this will get you close.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Potential Tuner
    Awesome! I appreciate the reply, cheers 🍻