Thread: hey guys im new to the new trucks some advice needed 2015 gmc sierra

Potential Tuner

hey guys im new to the new trucks some advice needed 2015 gmc sierra

hey guys i have a 2015 gmc sierra 5.3 i started playing with it i disabled dod increased speed to 140 and im wanting to get quicker throttle response here is my tune i played with tonight some pointers would be awesome

OE 2015 gmc sierra mine dod disablespeedo140mph.hpt

Compare with this tune if you want, I made it for someone a while ago.

Be careful of your speed limiter change, there is a reason they put those in place. Your tires aren't rated much higher than the factory settings and stock driveshafts have been known to break at speeds above 100mph.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ok thanx for the speed info i dont intend to go over that very often just now here in fl ppl cruise 90 and wen i need the extra juice to go around them in a hurry and it pulls good for stock up to 115 and then slowly creeps up i got up to 130mph and backed off it felt scary like ur on a cloud and my cooler was floating in the bed so i dont see me going over 110 very often but i will check out the tune u have and what all has been done with that tune.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Compare with this tune if you want, I made it for someone a while ago.

Be careful of your speed limiter change, there is a reason they put those in place. Your tires aren't rated much higher than the factory settings and stock driveshafts have been known to break at speeds above 100mph.
    Good info thanks, It be great if I could see the compair file too im doing the same. ( just says attached file) this is my first post+new to the forum so maybe its something simple. Just orderd dod and btr stage 2. Dyno tune is a grand so my thought is I can get the tools learn myself for the same price. My next step is tuning school home course to help learn to tune before I do cam swap. Thanks!

2015 GMC Sierra 5.3 4x4, Airaid intake tube, flowmaster super 44, 93oct.