Thread: Need tune for 2001 6.0 with flowmaster muffler

Need tune for 2001 6.0 with flowmaster muffler

I have a customer that bought a 2001 Chev 2500 with the 6.0 engine and the guy he bought it from installed a flowmaster muffler .... it doesn't pull his trailer very well and he wants to tune it .... I am not good at modifying the tables and wonder if somebody has a tune for this .... I didn't find one in the Tune Repository.

Depending on the size and style of the flowmaster muffler, it could be choking the exhaust. I don't like chambered mufflers either.

The Tune repository if for stock tune files only now, that is why you didn't find one.

Just do the normal stuff for LS engines. Remove all the massive delays for power enrichment. Turn off some of the engine side torque mngt and abuse mode.

Check over the truck too. Make sure it's got zero vacuum leaks, zero exhaust leaks that could skew the o2 sensors. Make sure it's got no knock sensor problems. Just fuel pressure and maybe change the fuel filter. Check the spark plugs, clean the MAF sensor etc etc.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I don't know how ... only had the tuner for about 6 years ... I am a slow learner.

Quote Originally Posted by ACAMS View Post
    I don't know how ... only had the tuner for about 6 years ... I am a slow learner.
    Your Customer needs to find someone who knows how and pay them. Most people here are self taught, and the forum helps people with particular aspects of tuning/fills in the knowledge gap. There are lots of videos on Youtube to help people get started with hptuners.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ACAMS View Post
    Several of us do this for our primary means of income. If you'd like help, feel free to email the file to me and I'll be glad to help, for a very reasonable fee.
    [email protected]

Thanks,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Vardaman View Post
    Your Customer needs to find someone who knows how and pay them. Most people here are self taught, and the forum helps people with particular aspects of tuning/fills in the knowledge gap. There are lots of videos on Youtube to help people get started with hptuners.
    My customer will pay .... I just didn't know who to ask ..... Thanks for the reply.