Thread: 98 jeep grand cherokee injector sizing

98 jeep grand cherokee injector sizing

anyone have a clue how to size an injector on this? flow rate injector offset does nothing. stock value was 448. i've had it low as 100 and high as 1500 and seem to always get 10ms at idle. the new injectors are 36 pd.
    no ve table either. even changing min pulsewidth does nothing.
    went back 15 pages and couldn't anything about this so time for a post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I haven't had to do it myself, but i did come across this thread awhile ago https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...fset-parameter and a few others it seems some people are only using the battery voltage correction as a work around since it seems like the injector offset doesn't seem to do much/if anything. Take this with a grain of salt though as I'm still learning and haven't swapped injectors yet.
    When in doubt, Throttle out

that is a good post and did help in getting this finished. however i don't think the flow rate does anything. it never changed fueling no matter what i put it to. first big mistake was not seeing the fuel tables because they were in microseconds. the high numbers had me thinking it was a table for something else but after giving up on flow rate thing, i said this has to be fuel. and it is. the microseconds can be changed by clicking the microsecond (us) lots of times to get it to milliseconds (ms). now we have numbers i'm used to. no idea why micro here and milli on a newer mopar ecu. i disabled egr so i only worked in the no egr table. i halved the table at first and start up was bad but idle was great but from there it was too lean. what i had to do was hold a cell and look at the fuel change i needed in percent and write it down. since writes take nearly 5m each time, this was the only way to go. i'm convinced this is just a fuel lookup table each. very simple. some things like wot or pe fuel are offsets so once you've got a good fuel table, that works easy. but others like cranking fuel are their own and you need to adjust independently. spark worked as expected and got this 408ci stroker working great. hopefully this helps someone else tuning one of these older ecus.