Thread: 5.3 to 6.2 intake and t-body

Advanced Tuner

5.3 to 6.2 intake and t-body

waiting for mr UPS man to deliver these.
    when i install them, what will i need to adjust in the tune to make up for the bigger throttle body.
    in gen 3/5 the scaler would be adjusted, is this the same for the gen 5?

thank you for any help. im still learning the gen 5 platform.

Tuning Addict
    Yes, manifold volume and tb scaler then tune VE, MAF and so on from there.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Yes, manifold volume and tb scaler then tune VE, MAF and so on from there.
    Hmm, i didnt hink it would mess with VE and MAF, but, i didnt put much thought into it.

Thanks for the heads up, it was a late one last night

Advanced Tuner
    Got the parts swapped over this morning, added the necessary 6.2 changes, truck started right up settled into a nice idle.
    After about a minute the idle started going up and down, mildly at first but then started to get more and more agressive. 400 rpm to 1200 rpm. Like a big cam with lots of spark overlap in a gen 3.
    I havent driven it, nor logged anything. On a gen 3 i would log the cracker/follower all that jazz.
    Can anyone tell me what channels are needed to correctly log gen 5 idle issues? I am still learning gen 5 platform, and consider myself a newbie when it comes to it.

thank you

351748822_246944504713185_8885976769963157214_n.jpg

Tuning Addict
    Did you do a throttle relearn? If you input the correct settings that alone should have kept it from doing that unless something else is changed on the engine.

Depends on the year model your doing on the channels. Here's a couple for you to try.

To load - download - right click - show in folder - copy - go to where hpt is on your computer - scanner - channels - paste here / open scanner - open recent channel config - open channel config - click on ones you put in.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

do the throttle relearn. It won't work with just one click though. you have to click the button over and over again about 30 times for it to actually work. Good Luck!
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Did you do a throttle relearn? .
    Quote Originally Posted by tramotorsports View Post
    do the throttle relearn. It won't work with just one click though. you have to click the button over and over again about 30 times for it to actually work. Good Luck!
    i did with key on engine off and with engine running. No idea if it did anything, but after reading tramotorsports comment, i guess ill have to hit the button like 30 times..

thanks ive got about a 50 mile drive so ill log it

Tuning Addict
    usually takes about 2hrs of drive time, but it'll learn it on it's own so the 50 mile drive will be for your benefit. Just keep an eye on torque and timing that it learns to.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    did some datalogging, and all seems pretty well.
    i did see 5 to 10% rich all over, so if i learned gen 5 at all, i copied the graph and multiplied by % half on the VVE on both open and closed manifold switches, and clicking the calculate coeffcients button.

But i didnt see any drop in fuel percentages while scanning the fuel trims.

only trying to 'zero in' the cruise and low RPM areas of the VVE.

am i doing that correctly, or am i stuck in the gen 3 world?

thanks for any helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    MAF's not failed. You have to fail the MAF to make adjustments to the VE table.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    After a week, I was able to get the VVE and MAF 'dialed in' pretty close to -1 or -2.

Once everything was returned to 'factory' settings, (meaning DFCO, MAF not failed, that type of stuff) I scanned ltft+stft's. Granted I know it'll never be perfect, especiialy now with phoenix's heat anywhere from 90-112 degrees. My question is on the GEN 5s, will stf+ltfts ever look better than the picture shown? On the picture of the scan there were no filters being used, so there are a few cells that are whacky due to decel or other such things.

355583798_949142043044861_2231864380586754368_n.jpg

Tuning Addict
    You can have it stay plus/minus 2 all the time, but it's a pain staking long process that requires tweaking the density table as you go. I also like to change the temperature setting for the auto compensation to what ever ambient is as I make each correction.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    tweaking the density table as you go. I also like to change the temperature setting for the auto compensation to what ever ambient is as I make each correction.
    These are both things i have never heard of.
    Auot compensation (see pic) is set to 68 degrees. is there a chart this is referencing? at its 68 degrees here like 3 weeks out of the year..lol do i need to set this to 100 degrees? I'll have to do some digging, again i have never heard of this one.
    And you said tweaking the density table. Sorry, speed density? What are you reffering to tweaking? I'm soaking up as much as the info as i can to better understand the gen 5 platform, thank you.
    Also, you have helped me quite a bit, i have no problem donating some funds to you for the help. I dont expect anything for free

temp.jpg

Tuning Addict
    I always change it to whatever ambient air temp is in the logs I'm being sent. Don't know if it's the correct air temp it's looking for but it seems to work right.

Density is the fuel density table. You've essentially changed the airflow through the motor and it's dynamic compression ratio in turn changing the burn efficiency of the fuel in the combustion chamber. This causes fueling to have different impacts at different temperatures causing fuel trims and essentially torque to change. You won't hear of anybody changing this stuff because to my knowledge I'm the only one who bothers to dial this table in besides Jason. It does make a world of difference being dialed in. If you want a how to then shoot me an email, but it takes a lot of driving around and logging to get it right or a whole lot of idle logging.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    shoot me an email...
    Done