Thread: 6l80E TCC desired slip issue vs. commanded

6l80E TCC desired slip issue vs. commanded

so ive got a gen V truck 6l80e about done, and everything is about 98% tuned and working really well. except for one thing ive not had happen yet on others. all my commanded TCC slip numbers are at 0, and ive never had a problem one. but on this one, when the converter locks, everything works as intended except im logging 4.5RPM desired slip instead of 0 as it should be. i must be missing something here, as normally, i do see 0 in desired slip, if i tune it that way.

Do you have actually have the a/c off when your logging? Desired slip/ tcc slip are irrelevant until the converter?s locked. My 18 Silverado with a stage 2 circle d 6L80 running 3000 stall only ever shows desired slip at 4.5 while the a/c is on Tcc slip tables are zero?d out.

17+ 6L80s the tcc logic differs from that of the earlier units iirc which makes it a pain in the ass as you can?t make do what you command 100% of the time necessarily.
    Last edited by A_Texas90; 11-25-2021 at 02:51 AM.

Did you find a fix for this I'm having the same issue with 4.5 rpms for slip being commanded while the AC is on this pulls my tcc apply pressure way down and the aftermarket converter chatters or shutters
    2015 Silverado 1500

same issue on my 2015 1500 5.3/6l80 a/c off commands zero slip. ac on it commands 4.5 rpm slip. havent yet found a way aroung this either.

Quote Originally Posted by TZTuning View Post
    same issue on my 2015 1500 5.3/6l80 a/c off commands zero slip. ac on it commands 4.5 rpm slip. havent yet found a way aroung this either.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ple-disc/page3

Desired Tcc pressure only shows up as a table in some of the newest versions of VCM Editor