Thread: p0101,p0106,p0121 and p0068 disable

Advanced Tuner

p0101,p0106,p0121 and p0068 disable

Is there any reason people are still disabling these codes in gen 5? Ive never had a issue that i couldnt solve by raising the limits to match the airflow from the cam. Also i still see people disabling all misfire detection even on mild truck cams, it is irritating when i am cleaning up big name shops work and see this. Should these actually be disabled on these controllers?

Tuning Addict
    The problem with 5th gens is you can literally take 2 trucks from the same year model - usually newer ones (16+), and those 2 trucks will have entirely different OS's, so where one will act fine but the other identical build will require a completely different tune primarily for fueling, idle and torque. I think people disable a lot of this out of habit - I'm guilty of this myself - one less thing to worry about kind of mindset, but on certain builds it actually works better to have the test at play - blower add on's come to mind and then do it how you're doing it...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    It is not an issue until there is an issue. I like being able to open the scanner and see why something is not running correctly.

Tuning Addict
    This is true and a good reason for leaving things enabled, but you also can't max out the settings like I've also seen some people do who claim to leave things in place. They have to be able to set the codes when a decent issue is present.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

What about those files you see from time to time with every single DTC set to No Error because they 'don't want none of that smog crap'...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 04silverado6.0 View Post
    It is not an issue until there is an issue. I like being able to open the scanner and see why something is not running correctly.
    I can't speak specifically about the codes you are talking about.

Comebacks are bad for business. We often build cars that are shipped to us from across the country. If 1/10 needs a certain "problem" addressed than they are all going to get that if there is no harm otherwise.

Good example. Not all hotrod swaps will set the code about thermostat stuck open because it cools better than a OEM vehicle. But some will.. so all are having that addressed before the customer makes it to December to have that code pop up.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs