Thread: big cam idle issue

Tuner in Training

Exclamation big cam idle issue

hi
    crown victroia stock engine with bolt ons and stage 5 comp cams (XE278AH)
    tuning the car was fine for WOT and CRUSING but idle bring me headache
    at neutral or park fine with increasing rpm 800 and idle airflow (increased around 30-45%)
    but at drive rpm never go above 550rpm actual rpm 550 , desired 544 and in the idle tune 800 rpm
    i increased airflow at idle so much preventing engine form stall
    I tried as much as possible without any result
    never change at drive above 550rpm
    any suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 3.6P; 11-19-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Your RPM Error Enable is set to 0. Set the Enable to 250 - 300 and the RPM Error Disable to 150 - 200. This will allow the car to adjust and adapt to achieve target idle.
    I edited some parameters in your file for you to look over.

Some of which are spark. Timing is running less than you're commanding at WOT. All your spark modifiers aren't in thresholds to retard timing from what you're commanding which means the knock sensors are retarding timing.
    Theres changes for throttle response.
    Adjusted some tables in your transmission. On 1>2 shift, your car holds first for a second instead of beginning the shift. Throttle also begins to close during this shift.

idle issue - edit.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Your RPM Error Enable is set to 0. Set the Enable to 250 - 300 and the RPM Error Disable to 150 - 200. This will allow the car to adjust and adapt to achieve target idle.
    I edited some parameters in your file for you to look over.

Some of which are spark. Timing is running less than you're commanding at WOT. All your spark modifiers aren't in thresholds to retard timing from what you're commanding which means the knock sensors are retarding timing.
    Theres changes for throttle response.
    Adjusted some tables in your transmission. On 1>2 shift, your car holds first for a second instead of beginning the shift. Throttle also begins to close during this shift.

idle issue - edit.hpt
    thanks
    i have tried disable rpm error didn't work
    still command 5XX rpm at drive

there is no knock , yeah timing lower than the tune because the log before i increased timing
    on 1 to 2 shift soft rpm limit becaues the tire spinning