Thread: ISO OG Maverick stock file

Tuner in Training

ISO OG Maverick stock file

Looking for a stock file for a non turbo OG Maverick.
    Last edited by jllewellyn792; 11-21-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Or an 18-20 commander 1000 stock file

Advanced Tuner
    Here's stock 2014 Maverick tune

7E5130TC5RHS5_mav_2014_stock.hpt

Potential Tuner

2011 Commander 1100 BBK

Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Here's stock 2014 Maverick tune

7E5130TC5RHS5_mav_2014_stock.hpt
    Hey Guys,

I am waiting for my 1100 BBK to arrive for my commander 1000 and Ive been messing with HP tuners while at work. MRRPM, i loaded the 2014 maverick file you uploaded, and im not sure I quite understand what I would modify to increase fuel accross the board. I was expecting some base table that I would modify, but most of the tables I open just seem to have a multiplier and many of them are set at 1 accross the whole RPM range. Where do I see the base fuel table, and is there somewhere I can add say just a 15% increase across the board. I really didnt want to go to a PCV with autotune cause i liked the idea of not having another thing that could fail, but im a little lost as to where to start.

I am going to run Maverick heads I bought years ago off Ebay, and was planning just the stock maverick cams. Im looking for a large mid range power increase as I use my machine with tracks going up the mountain in the winter. Id like the most power I can get at 5500-6000 Rpm and don't really need to aim for peak hp going above 7500-8000 rpm.

Really wish I would have bought my big bore kit from you now that I see you on the HP tuners board, but hopefully you wouldn't mind throwing some quick advice my way anyways.

Steinar

Potential Tuner
    MRRPM, Reading this I can understand if you think it is a little rediculous. I am obviously going to put much time in logging with an AFR gauge to try and build a good tune, I was just hoping that maybe there is a quick easy way for me to give it enough fuel that it doesn't run way to lean the first time I fire up. I don't mean to treat tuning efi as something anybody can do, but I would like to try a little before I throw in the towel and buy the PCV with autotune. I held off buying a Big Bore for 11 years cause I live in Canada and nobody seemed to have much ways to tune these ecms, and now that they do id like to give it a go. Ive read much of your stuff on other Forums through the years and am aware you have dedicated alot of time to modifying Canams.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SteinarL View Post
    MRRPM, Reading this I can understand if you think it is a little rediculous. I am obviously going to put much time in logging with an AFR gauge to try and build a good tune, I was just hoping that maybe there is a quick easy way for me to give it enough fuel that it doesn't run way to lean the first time I fire up. I don't mean to treat tuning efi as something anybody can do, but I would like to try a little before I throw in the towel and buy the PCV with autotune. I held off buying a Big Bore for 11 years cause I live in Canada and nobody seemed to have much ways to tune these ecms, and now that they do id like to give it a go. Ive read much of your stuff on other Forums through the years and am aware you have dedicated alot of time to modifying Canams.
    Add fuel through the VE table, same as with most cars.
    Adjust individual cylinder afr through the sea level tables, bank one is cyl one.
    A maverick intake and cams will add power also.

Potential Tuner
    Add fuel through the VE table, same as with most cars.
    Adjust individual cylinder afr through the sea level tables, bank one is cyl one.
    A maverick intake and cams will add power also.
    Thanks for your response man. It made me take the time to watch some videos today and now I realise there is no fuel table per say. All I do is modify the VE table under the airflow tab to let it know more air is getting in the chamber and it will add more fuel based on those values and how they relate to the other tables. Im wondering if I increase the cylinder size on that one tab or just leave it the same and don't worry about if the math goes above 100% Cylinder volume.

Ill have to wait until I get home and actually plug into my commander as I know it doesn't have an O2 sensor so it might be more simplified compared to the maverick one.

I appreciate you pointing me in a direction. Getting really excited to try it all out.

Steinar

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for your response man. It made me take the time to watch some videos today and now I realise there is no fuel table per say. All I do is modify the VE table under the airflow tab to let it know more air is getting in the chamber and it will add more fuel based on those values and how they relate to the other tables. Im wondering if I increase the cylinder size on that one tab or just leave it the same and don't worry about if the math goes above 100% Cylinder volume.

Ill have to wait until I get home and actually plug into my commander as I know it doesn't have an O2 sensor so it might be more simplified compared to the maverick one.

I appreciate you pointing me in a direction. Getting really excited to try it all out.

Steinar
    You can put the actual displacement in, if you like.
    You must have O2 sensors to tune fuel, no way around this.

Potential Tuner
    You can put the actual displacement in, if you like.
    You must have O2 sensors to tune fuel, no way around this.
    Ok yeah I just meant, it must not modify anything in the ecu based on o2 readings as it doesnt have sensor like the maverick and later year commanders. I ordered that aem wideband AFR on the HP tuners website with the flow through obd2 plug so hopefully I can bring that AFR data into HPtuners alongside all the other ecu outputs from the commander.

I remember reading a post of yours from many years ago where you talked about the commander pulling timing at higher RPMs and certain other conditions. I hope I will be able to see this happening in the vcm scanner and figure out what to modify to stop it.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok yeah I just meant, it must not modify anything in the ecu based on o2 readings as it doesnt have sensor like the maverick and later year commanders. I ordered that aem wideband AFR on the HP tuners website with the flow through obd2 plug so hopefully I can bring that AFR data into HPtuners alongside all the other ecu outputs from the commander.

I remember reading a post of yours from many years ago where you talked about the commander pulling timing at higher RPMs and certain other conditions. I hope I will be able to see this happening in the vcm scanner and figure out what to modify to stop it.
    You'll need dual oxygen sensors, for a dual cylinder tune

Potential Tuner
    You'll need dual oxygen sensors, for a dual cylinder tune
    Wont they be pretty similar? worst case scenario I could install 2 bungs and just move the sensor back and forth. I dont think that afr unit I ordered is expandable to 2 so I will only get one reading into vcm scanner at a time anyways.

Advanced Tuner
    Wont they be pretty similar? worst case scenario I could install 2 bungs and just move the sensor back and forth. I dont think that afr unit I ordered is expandable to 2 so I will only get one reading into vcm scanner at a time anyways.
    If you only want similar, why are you tuning? Just slap it in & go