Thread: Invalid application key error: Cant read/write any vehicles. Scanner still works.

Tuner in Training

Invalid application key error: Cant read/write any vehicles. Scanner still works.

Attempting to tune a new to me vehicle. I was able to read the vehicle, edit the file and license it. When I went to flash the file to the vehicle I got the error and couldn't write to the vehicle. Went through the steps on the help section of the website which suggested deleting the HP tuners folder on my PC, uininstalling the software and installing the latest beta. I even reverted back to an older known good application key which didn't solve the issue. Tried a different laptop and had the same problem. Used both beta and regular version of the latest editor with the same result.

Reached out to support last Wednesday and haven't been able to get anywhere with them despite several emails and two different representatives. Tested the MPVI on other vehicles and it works for the scanner but any functions inside the editor it says invalid app key.

I know the application key is correct, I've cut and pasted it from both the emails from support and the "my account" section of the website. I do not manually input the application key.

30676 ticket number if Bill happens to see this.

Tuner in Training
    Wanted to post an update:

Mpvi still doesnt work. Had the support team remotely login to my computer, remove and installed the latest beta which didnt change anything. Tried a new application key as well.

Still working with support on how to recover the mpvi.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Most common reason for this error is your USB cable has failed or the usb port on your MPVI1 has failed. Try a new usb cable, if that doesn't fix it you're next best bet is to upgrade to MPVI2+
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Most common reason for this error is your USB cable has failed or the usb port on your MPVI1 has failed. Try a new usb cable, if that doesn't fix it you're next best bet is to upgrade to MPVI2+
    I have a second mpvi which i swapped cables and still no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though.

How come you guys wont look at the mpvi to see if its fixable? If its just the usb port in the mpvi thats not that overly difficult to soldier in a new one. Im being told i have to upgrade to the mpvi2 to access my credits/licenses and the original mpvi is destroyed in that process. I like the stand alone datalogging with the mpvi since my local track doesn't allow laptops inside vehicles during passes.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We haven't offered repairs on MPVI1 devices in roughly 10 years.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"