Thread: 2016 Silverado 5.3 Rear O2 Delete Help

Potential Tuner

2016 Silverado 5.3 Rear O2 Delete Help

Novice here. Sorry to ask about something that I'm sure has come up 10,000 times, but I've searched and not having any luck. Truck has Speed Engineering LTs and ORY pipe. I had a Diablo Intune I3 8245 on it prior to HPT. Using the 93octane Diablo Tune for my base.
    I've disabled COT, disabled the SES for all Bank 1 & 2 Sensor 2. Still getting pending P0138 so I assume this will eventually set the CEL. Anyone help? Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If the code is set to disable and the SES box unchecked, it will never set the light.

But the permanent code will never go away because those codes must be set to no error reported before the parts are ever removed from the vehicle. If it can never perform the readiness test, the code will never go away until the problem is fixed. The code means nothing though, it's just annoying to see everytime you pull up the DTC list.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If the code is set to disable and the SES box unchecked, it will never set the light.

But the permanent code will never go away because those codes must be set to no error reported before the parts are ever removed from the vehicle. If it can never perform the readiness test, the code will never go away until the problem is fixed. The code means nothing though, it's just annoying to see everytime you pull up the DTC list.
    Thanks for the help. Was the "Pending" for the code that threw me. Any way to check ready status for a state inspection (after codes cleared/how long need to drive before it will pass)?

It would need to run the test and pass a certain number of times before it can clear the Pending status and if the code is disabled it cannot run the test.