Thread: Is this tune for E85?

Potential Tuner

Is this tune for E85?

Hi All,

I'm reaching out in hopes that someone can help me to identify the intent of the attached tune (2SS 1le original). I recently purchased this car knowing it had been somewhat modified in it's past and didn't run very well. The car is a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE with about 43k miles, currently it has a set of texas speed headers (I believe them to be 1 7/8 but am not sure), a rotofab intake and a DFX fuel line feeding into the driver side fuel rail. I have compared the tune to my other 2018 1ss 1LE original tune file (also attached as original camaro) and can see quite a few alterations involving timing table, Hi/Low fuel tables.

The car has been cycled through several dealerships, one of which decided it was a brilliant idea to weld some sort of stock GM cats directly onto the end of the headers after chopping up the X-pipe

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am and have been slowly learning to use HP Tuners but fear I maybe a bit too inexperienced to sort the intent of all of the modifications to this one.

Lastly, would it be ill-advised to install my stock tune file off of my other 1LE as a starting point to begin tuning after I make the repairs to the exhaust system?

2ss 1le original.hptoriginal camaro.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Yes flex is enabled in the 2ss 1le file

Potential Tuner
    Awesome, thank you for the response.

Can you tell if it is for E85 only? I do not see a flex fuel sensor on the car, at least at the back of the intake. Also, while data logging I do not see any movement in the Ethanol Fuel % PID. Maybe someone removed it to sell it prior to trading it in, I am not sure.2ss log 1.hpl

It is not for E85 only, the stoich table goes from 14 to 9 like they all do on flex fuel vehicles.

The flex fuel sensor could be under the car by the fuel tank.

Log the alcohol channel and not the SAE ethanol channel.

I do see other stuff wrong in the tune though. Like peak torque is wildly inflated on a NA engine, this thing ain't making 900 ft lbs of torque. Commanded AFR on gas and alcohol is pretty lean in my opinion, no sense in running it to the very edge. Being NA I never saw the need to run it any leaner than 13.0 on higher alcohol contents and yours is asking for 13.6.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It is not for E85 only, the stoich table goes from 14 to 9 like they all do on flex fuel vehicles.

The flex fuel sensor could be under the car by the fuel tank.

Log the alcohol channel and not the SAE ethanol channel.

I do see other stuff wrong in the tune though. Like peak torque is wildly inflated on a NA engine, this thing ain't making 900 ft lbs of torque. Commanded AFR on gas and alcohol is pretty lean in my opinion, no sense in running it to the very edge. Being NA I never saw the need to run it any leaner than 13.0 on higher alcohol contents and yours is asking for 13.6.

Thank you 5FDP.

I did log the Alcohol Channel and found it steady at 40. I will research the Peak Torque along with Commanded AFR and make corrections. If you're interested I'll attach my most recent log as well. 2ss log 2 - alocohol percent.hpl