Thread: Anybody running a rich cruise 4.0 jeep jtec

Tuner in Training

Anybody running a rich cruise 4.0 jeep jtec

Is anybody else running an afr around 13.5-14:1 under light cruise? I'm in need of a little help when it comes to timing with cruise afr's that rich. For reference this is in a 97 jeep Cherokee 4.0 Auto. I'm currently running the stock timing at cruise and it definitely runs smoother but I'm lost as to where to go with the timing as this is the first time, I've really dug into tuning for a rich cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For the curious Its got an ATP challenge header, "cold air intake", full 2.5 inch exhaust, port match and bowl blend with standard 45 degree valve seats, a/c delete, a 59mm throttle body and a few minor odds and ends.

rich cruise .hpt
    Last edited by alf; 11-27-2021 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Adding tune
    When in doubt, Throttle out

Tuner in Training
    Okay as an update i have try up to +3 and -3 degrees in the cruise tables and felt no discernable difference except around 50-55kpa around 2100 rpm at +3 she was definitely struggling up the hills.

Tuner in Training
    Does anybody have any suggestions? I know this cant new territory, or maybe it is on these 4.0's but i highly doubt it. I'm not asking anyone to build my timing table for me just some idea of what has worked for them or a general rule of thumb they've used before. Is there any more information that you guys want or am i just not going to get any help here?