Thread: Changing intake manifolds

Advanced Tuner

Changing intake manifolds (Added log and tune)

What needs to be changed when changing a manifold, not a CAI.

I have a GT350 manifold on my car with a stock 17 TB. The car drives pretty well but once in a while it feels off. I can't find anything in the logs to point me in a direction.

Do I need to massage the torque and SD tables?

Anything else I need to look at?

Thanks
    Last edited by K44; 12-05-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your datalog and tune.

Advanced Tuner
    I think I got a set of knock off LU47's I'll reinstall the stock one's and if the problem remains I'll post.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Could of been using incorrect injector info.

Advanced Tuner
    I've tried both Roush data sets I also used Ford's data on their web site scaled for 58 psi.

Nothing works. I have been pulling fuel from the injector data and after a couple drive cycles both LT's and ST's are pulling 5% fuel. I think the injectors are leaking.

Watching my dash display on cold start when the wide bands kick in the dash drops to 13 then settles back to 14 to 1 ratio.

I'm using the stock MAF tube and factory period table to eliminate that as a variable. I did swap MAF sensors with the same results.

Fuel pressure bleeds from 58 psi to 50 in 40 seconds engine off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K44; 11-30-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    I've tried both Roush data sets I also used Ford's data on their web site scaled for 58 psi.

Nothing works. I have been pulling fuel from the injector data and after a couple drive cycles both LT's and ST's are pulling 5% fuel. I think the injectors are leaking.

Watching my dash display on cold start when the wide bands kick in the dash drops to 13 then settles back to 14 to 1 ratio.

I'm using the stock MAF tube and factory period table to eliminate that as a variable. I did swap MAF sensors with the same results.

Fuel pressure bleeds from 58 psi to 50 in 40 seconds engine off.
    Most aftermarket FPR's are designed to bleed off pressure. If you are unsure of your data on your injectors I would definitely start there by swapping to known injectors.

Also it would help if you could provide a better description, Logs, and your current tune.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd love to post a log but they are all different. I can start the car and drive 20 miles and have it pulling 10% fuel. Shut it off and drive more and it will add 5% fuel. Shut it off and restart drive and everything looks fine, wash rinse repeat.

Advanced Tuner
    Just a WAG but before I give up on these injectors could this be a wideband issue. They do have 60000 miles on them.

What needs to be changed when changing a manifold, not a CAI.

I have a GT350 manifold on my car with a stock 17 TB. The car drives pretty well but once in a while it feels off. I can't find anything in the logs to point me in a direction.

Do I need to massage the torque and SD tables?

Anything else I need to look at?

Thanks
    gt350 manifold is 'manifold volume' 12.56L , on gasoline stock injectors and data are fine .

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like the LU47's are made in China.

Advanced Tuner
    I unhooked my PCV system and am getting more consistent results. Here are 3 logs after a KAM reset after adding breathers and capping off the PCV. B4 the reset the LT's were subtracting 10% and the ST's were adding the same 10%

Do you see anything I'm doing wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Here is my tune

Roush injector data

Advanced Tuner
    You don't have an injector issue.... Or at least your datalogs really aren't showing an injector issue. The injector data you have is not what I use

Your VCT tab isn't set up correctly and timing should be adjusted for the imrc delete. You disabled 0-13 mp. All of your distance tables should no longer reference 0-13. It's 14+ now.

Disable LTFT so they have no influence with fuel and create confusion. Id leave them disabled.

Advanced Tuner
    If you have better injector data could you send it to me?
    Last edited by K44; 12-06-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    If you look at the distance tables and mapped points you should see what I did. Distance tables won't accept anything over 14 according to the description.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post

timing should be adjusted for the imrc delete. .
    How would you change the timing?

Advanced Tuner
    If you have better injector data could you send it to me?
    ford47lbdata.PNG

If you look at the distance tables and mapped points you should see what I did. Distance tables won't accept anything over 14 according to the description.
    The description is correct for the Fuel Economy Distance Tables. Fuel Economy Mapped Points assigns the mapped point to the Fuel Economy Distance Table. This does accept anything over 14... and below 26.

Advanced Tuner
    That is from Roush gen1 coyote. The tune I posted came from Roush Gen 2 coyote. Neither work.

I think I have a set that is on both ends of the tolerance scale and I'm not paying 25 dollars each to find out.

Maybe Santa will bring me some ID's or FIclinic's.

Stock injectors are going back in.

Thanks White 5.0

Are you saying I can populate the distance tables with 14 to 26? When I try I get the warning message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K44; 12-08-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I wasn't sure on what injector calibrations you've tried or even where I got mine from. I just know it works every time.
    No Sir, what I'm saying is youre in the wrong table.. That the error message is correct.
    Read my previous post and find the two fuel Eco tables I mentioned.

one of the tables in stock form has cell values greater than 14, that's where you must repopulate to exclude 0-13 and assign 14+.
    I have a thread about the distance tables and there are more posts with more in depth answers. Open up your mapped point intake/exhaust cam angle tables. It will show you the ivo/Evc of the mapped points. You can just look at the table or copy the two tables to excel.
    Split the mapped points. Compare the cam angles from 0 - 13 to 14 - 25. I'm not on laptop right now but compare 0 to 14 and go down the tables from there.

Advanced Tuner
    I guess the title should read, changing fuel injectors. Anyway I put the stockers back in after I cleaned them and it is much better.