Thread: "Would you like to extract the data?" Do I have to click this for every video file?

Potential Tuner

"Would you like to extract the data?" Do I have to click this for every video file?

I do endurance racing - so 7 hours is a typical day. That means lots of GoPro video files. For example, today, I'm processing 40 videos with Race Render. Each one takes 20-30 seconds to extract the embedded data. So, I click "Add", multi-select all the files, then have to click "Yes" 40 times, each 20-30 seconds apart. 20 minutes of clicking "yes" ... "yes" ... "yes" ... "yes"

Is there any way to automate this? A command line interface, maybe? Some other way to import?

I wish there was a "Do this for every video" option on that dialog.

Potential Tuner
    +1 I am in the same situation. Endurance racing, lots of videos. A simple "use this for all videos" checkbox would at least let me walk away while the files are importing.

Potential Tuner
    Being that I am doing this again today, I'd like to bump this request.

It's pretty frustrating behavior of Race Render - having the click "yes" tens of times, with 10-20 seconds between each click. Not to mention the fact that I can't be doing other things at the same time on the PC because the Race Render dialog steals focus when it comes up, so I end up typing to the dialog rather than where I would expect to be typing - like in this very forum window.

Potential Tuner
    I don't use GoPros so don't know what data is being extracted, but I can think of 2 alternative strategies that may work:

- Check to see whether ffmpeg can be used to combine the sequence of GoPro videos into a single file, retaining the embedded data, thus avoiding the multi-click requirement.

- Check to see whether ffmpeg can extract the data from the files, maybe into a CSV file. It's very likely that ffmpeg can copy only the video/audio info so you have "pure" video files you can load and avoid the data extraction and optionally combine into a single video-only file, as suggested above.

I do this with some dashcam files ... i.e., use ffmpeg to do data-extraction to a CSV file then combine the sequence of files into a single file, minus the data. Mr. Google can help with this quest.