Thread: Constant TB issues...

Potential Tuner

Constant TB issues...

Afternoon,

So I'm completely stumped...06 300c SRT8, comp cam thumpr cam, longtubes, full exhaust, catch can, stock airbox, dings valve body, all dyno tuned. Engine was rebuilt (stock build), with just under 500 miles on the engine since rebuilt. Ever since getting the car back from the tuner, I've been having a few issue.

1.) The most common issues are the TB light comes on, I'll cycle the key, restart, and it'll go away. This happens pretty much daily, and only when I'm cruising. I'll get a P0507 code following a few minutes down the road sometimes too.

2.) I've had the car die on me mid turn when slowing down, and have to quickly restart it. No warning, idle just drops quick, and car shuts off. I still have all electrical power. Also noticed when the car is hot, and I restart after stopping, the idle sometimes drops when slowing down to a stop, then hunts for the idle until it settles.

3.) Sometimes after the car does die, I'll restart while the car is in N, and when thrown in D or R, the car just dies. I've learned that if I either reupload the tune or try to quickly do a throttle body reset it'll start up and act like nothing was wrong.

I've used OBD Jscan to reset the TB (https://photos.app.goo.gl/LwQX4dKEov8jobLn8), I've reached out to the tuner and at first he was getting back with me, and for the last two weeks he has not replied. I've checked for vacuum leaks around the throttle body and catch can, no change to the idle. I've had someone say it's with the tune, and the airflow tables need to be fixed, but I'm fairly new to HP Tuners. Last time I tuned my own vehicle it was with a DS Predator on a neon SRT...haven't owned a mopar in a really long time since then. I've tried playing around with the idle and some of the airflow tables, only thing that changes is either I have the 'cruise control' affect really bad or almost none at all, along with it bucking at a light (it'll either be almost non existent or it'll buck a little pretty good).

The car will usually drive great, until these problems arise, and usually they all happen minutes within each other. The tune that was in initially, it would def cruise on it's own, buck at a light, and was not smooth while cruising. After making most of the airflow tables closer to stock or just put back to stock it drove better. I lowered the idle a bit since it was set to 845, and even with it being that high it didn't fix anything. Timing has been pretty much left untouched since what the tuner set it to, along with fueling, and VE tables. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Juan
    2006 300c SRT8

Potential Tuner
    Reflash the factory calibration, see if it changes. Was the intake put in a parts washer with the throttle body attached? saw that just the other day. TB dropped? voltage drop out through the APP sensor or TPS?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonstitus View Post
    Reflash the factory calibration, see if it changes. Was the intake put in a parts washer with the throttle body attached? saw that just the other day. TB dropped? voltage drop out through the APP sensor or TPS?
    Removed TB when the manifold got cleaned...and I never dropped the TB, it pretty much sat around, cleaned, then sat around some more till I was done with the engine. I can check voltage drop tomorrow morning while driving to work, I'll datalog.
    2006 300c SRT8