Thread: 2016-1500 eco diesel delete and tune - need help/advise!!!!!

Potential Tuner

2016-1500 eco diesel delete and tune - need help/advise!!!!!

First timer here. 2016 / 1500 ECODIESEL 8speed tranny

I purchased a full delete kit from www.hotrod.racing.com (overpaid) I'm sure!!
    It came with the EGR delete kit and the pipes and a HVPI2 tuner with 4 credits.
    I have downloaded the HP Tuners VCM scanner & editor. I have never used it before.
    I am supposed to be getting a tune file emailed to me from FPpipes.com still waiting its been a week..... I guess they are, were at SEMA
    My understanding is that after I receive that file I am to use the VCM software to upload it to my ECM
    I know there are several thing I am supposed to do prior, like resync the HVPI2 and also download the trucks stock file.

I'm a pretty good wrench and computer guy but this tuning stuff is all new to me. I'm really looking for some help from someone that has done this before on an ECO Diesel. Id like to find someone willing to walk me through this via phone or?

As of today Saturday 11/6/21, I still do not have a tune file from them so I guess I'm stuck until I get that...

Thanks

Potential Tuner

Careful

Quote Originally Posted by richardoswald View Post
    First timer here. 2016 / 1500 ECODIESEL 8speed tranny

I purchased a full delete kit from www.hotrod.racing.com (overpaid) I'm sure!!
    It came with the EGR delete kit and the pipes and a HVPI2 tuner with 4 credits.
    I have downloaded the HP Tuners VCM scanner & editor. I have never used it before.
    I am supposed to be getting a tune file emailed to me from FPpipes.com still waiting its been a week..... I guess they are, were at SEMA
    My understanding is that after I receive that file I am to use the VCM software to upload it to my ECM
    I know there are several thing I am supposed to do prior, like resync the HVPI2 and also download the trucks stock file.

I'm a pretty good wrench and computer guy but this tuning stuff is all new to me. I'm really looking for some help from someone that has done this before on an ECO Diesel. Id like to find someone willing to walk me through this via phone or?

As of today Saturday 11/6/21, I still do not have a tune file from them so I guess I'm stuck until I get that...

Thanks
    You'll have a hard time finding someone to help. Few will openly discuss these details on a public forum. Be careful with the "D" word.