Thread: 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 2WD 5.9 Magnum 46re - tune advice

Tuner in Training

Smile 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 2WD 5.9 Magnum 46re - tune advice

Hi guys,

Just received my HPtuners package! Looks good!

I can't find much information in regards to tuning advice online for these old girls. I believe she's untouched in her tune and would like to see what everyone is doing to tweak their similar trucks.

She has a shift kit in the 46re, new overdrive clutches, upgraded gov sensors etc. Mechanical fan removed and replaced with 2x 16" SPAL extreme fans.. Plenum repair kit and Hughes kegger mod to help with low end torque for towing. Long headers on the way to replace the factory exhaust manifold. She runs super rich.

I run the cheaper 91 octane fuel here in Australia so I'm not sure what that is in comparison to what you guys run over there.

Any guidance would be incredible.

Thanks,
    Steve
    0-40 and 0-70 stock.hpl
    Current Tune.hpt
    Last edited by TheAussieBloke; 11-24-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Tuner
    try spark table tune from 5.9 grand cherokee , also is normal for this engines to be around 10.1 AFR at WOT,

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Omunoz View Post
    try spark table tune from 5.9 grand cherokee , also is normal for this engines to be around 10.1 AFR at WOT,
    Where can I find this? It isn't in the tune library.

Also, are there any other settings to use as a reference?

Does anyone have any suggestions for the data log file I've posted?

Thanks 😊

Hi there is not so much you can do on this king of JETEC, even less if you don't have a wide band O2 sensor and nock sensor. With out wide band, you cant really tune fuel and with ou knock sensor you can't really tune spark timing advance especially on the 5.9 if using cheapo 91 with out taking risks