Thread: 2009 Shelby GT500 Cats Tuned Out need to restore

Tuner in Training

2009 Shelby GT500 Cats Tuned Out need to restore

Hey guys, the title pretty much says what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm a used car dealer and we came across this GT500 which unfortunately had the cats removed tuned out to where it won't complete any of the H02 Sensor Monitors or the catalyst monitors. We've had Cats installed and now need to re-enable whatever the monitor is looking for to complete a drive cycle monitor.

This car does have a pulley and 4.10 gears, kinda stupid lol.

A quick dig around the Engine>Fuel>02 Sensors shows that the downstream are just disabled. I'm not familiar enough to just go making changes as I've only messed with my L83 GM truck.

I also tried digging around the DTC section to see if something specific was disabled keeping it from performing the monitor test but there's a lot in there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

shelby.hpt

Flash it back to stock with IDS, or restore to stock with tuning device used. And correct speedo with HPtuners. Or see if there is a stock read in the repository.

While not the same year pcm, I have had one heck of time getting the O2 monitors and Catalyst monitors to run. I finally 'think' I found the reason as those ran and completed finally. Currently retesting my theory (had to reflash to undo cooling fan hack in tune). But in a nutshell, I am running a bone stock coyote swap. Bottom line is, my fuel trims were in the +/- 5% range, no codes. Made a small maf tweak based on fuel trims, and now my monitors complete with fuel trims in the less than +/- 3% range.

Advanced Tuner
    Changed a few parameters in this file, give it a whirl. Flash the file, I'm not sure how many miles of driving are needed for the monitors to set. Should have a little better drivability as well. The car might have drivability issues you haven't drove it in the right conditions/RPM/loads. But this one should pass once the drive cycle completes.

shelby - EDITED.hpt