Thread: Look over my VE tuning

Tuner in Training

Look over my VE tuning

My monster is stating to come alive. VE tuning seams to be going well. Numbers are looking good. Starting to feel some boost coming on. If someone could look at my last log and tune I would appreciate some critiquing. At NOT it's running great. I haven't turned back on all the disables stuff for the SD tune yet. Cold start idle is rough still.

92 camaro 3 bar step 25.hpt92 camaro 3 bar step 25.hpl

Car is a 92 Camaro 5.3l, 66mm turbo, 80lb Deka's, 58psi, aftermarket Manifold, 3bar OS

It probably not the best idea to try to start a cold engine and straight away commanded stoich. Look at a stock open loop table, they all run richer air fuel ratio's when cold to help with cold starts.

For as big as those injectors are, that VE table just seems awfully high just about everywhere.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Cold start has always been an issue. I didn't change anything from stock startup wise that I thought. just failed MAF and disabled OL and CL. I do see that the VE seams high, Like its over compensating but it is smoothing out. I could up my injector flow vs KPA. The Dekas came in the car and are working so I don't want to change them. Got the data off a few different places and were all the same. so I copied it.

Tuner in Training
    Do you know if I raise the KPA up 15% then lower VE by 15% Does that even itself out?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by techmann52 View Post
    Do you know if I raise the KPA up 15% then lower VE by 15% Does that even itself out?
    You shouldn't change the injector flowrate data, unless you know that the data is incorrect. However, if you increase the injector flowrate table by 15%, you'd have to have increase the VE table by the same amount. You might also consider copying the high octane Spark table to the low octane Spark table. In SD mode, it'll only reference the low octane table.