Thread: Stock Tune file for 6L DBC 4L60

Tuner in Training

Stock Tune file for 6L DBC 4L60

I've done some searching already, and managed to come up with more questions than answers, lol. Firstly, I'm looking for a stock tune for a GM 6L, DBC, 4L65 - doing a pair of 95 Tahoe swaps for a customer - wanted DBC for simplicity, and the 4L60 to mate with the original transfer case. Looks like a 2002 Yukon Denali was 6L, 4L65 - potentially dumb question, but can anyone point me in the direction where to look for a tune file? I did read up on how to swap segments, but the tune files I have don't have the same OS numbers, so that's not going to work. Since I've been reading, I've came a across a few tunes that should work (correct engine, TB and trans), but the OS number is different (my PCM is a 12200411) - can I just "write entire" to swap that, or not? Again, I've searched and haven't found that info yet - if anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be appreciated - more into aftermarket tuning, so I'm learning this as I go. Thanks in advance for any help. D

The tune repository is on your customer page, you can browse stock tune files there.

There is also a 2001 Sierra Denali that is a 6.0 with 4L60 transmission. The 65 doesn't really matter here. That Denali is going to be drive by wire though, so the OS is likely to not match up either. Again this doesn't really matter.

On the computer you have, what calibration is already loaded to it?

It would be very easy to find a same number OS to swap the transmission to a 4L60e if it was a 4L80e tune file. Then you can just copy and paste the data you require for a 6.0 engine.

Doing it that way saves you a lot of money in credits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    chevy ssr 2005 ls2+4l60e

The SS runs a different computer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ViGGeN View Post
    chevy ssr 2005 ls2+4l60e

The OP has a DBC setup - all SSR were DBW - used Gen 4 style Knock Sensors, and used an E40 ECM.

There are no 6.0L DBC 4L60 calibrations - no such combination was every built by GM.

Likely the easiest thing for you, as a new tuner, is to simply begin with a 5.3L 4L60 calibration. As long as the Fuel Injector data is correct, the engine should start and run. You could then fine tune from that point.

Tuner in Training
    I did look at the tune repository and couldn't find anything with a 6L & 4L60; maybe I was looking in the wrong place?

So after I posted this, I had a chance to do some more digging.... there was a 2002 Yukon Denali that had a 6L and a 4L60 trans... pulled it up on my shop key system and confirmed the wiring, trans data etc... I found a site with "stock" tune files; I've grabbed one and will load it into the truck tomorrow and see what happens....
    (I don't have the tune number here at home, but it was listed as a 6L 4L60) I'm not sure if it's DBC or DBW, but from what I've read (don't flame me for saying that, lol), I could change the config to a DBC if it was DBW originally...
    I appreciate any advice; although my own hot rod is a twin turbo 408 SBF running a Holley Dominator system, not all of my clients can/want to go that route, so I'm keen to learn this...

Potential Tuner
    Ok. Right another ecm but, i was talking about ssr as as starting point for maps )

Lots of tables are in different formats/different axis labels between E40 & everything else and not the best choice to use as a reference for basically anything that came before or after it.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, to keep it simple, I can start with a 5.3 4L60 and tune it to the 6L, or segment swap the trans (I'd like to learn how to do that if I can) - having said that, where's a good place to get a tune file that hasn't been messed with? I went thru what I have and I don't have any with the same OS - Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's one thing I need to keep the same? My current OS is 12212156

Here is a 6.0 4L60E DBC with your OS...
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

I guess I should clarify how that file came to be...

It started with an 02 Escalade 6.0 4l60 DBW..
    I then swapped in the systems segment from the 02 Silverado 6.0 4L80 DBC..
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer