Thread: Completely new to tuning need help figuring out how my car was tuned previously?

Potential Tuner

Completely new to tuning need help figuring out how my car was tuned previously?

I have a 09 escalade thats been tuned by 2 different people once street tuned before it was turboed and once after turboing with stock 6.2l on the dyno. Not sure if he did speed desidy tune or what ? Long terms stay at 0 all the time? The stock motor only lasted 2 weeks on that tune with stock injectors we had 80s ordered . My dyno tuners awd hub dyno broke and hasn't fixed so I decided I would start learning to do it my self. As I have several gm vehicles that need tunes .the tuck has a 408 stroker with tsp stage 3 cam I have upgrades the entire fuel system this time with twin pumps return style and 80lb injectors deleted vvt . All I've done to tune was change injector flow and some idle changes to get running and driving again. Seems to be all around lean currently. Need help on where should I start making small changes. Do I need to 0 out the cam angles in the torque model? Need recommendations

Advanced Tuner
    You probably should do a "read vehicle" in the editor...that will allow you to pull the tune to take a look at how it was tuned. LTFTs are at 0 all the time one of two things happened. You are running in OL or you are running in CL and the LTFTs are just turned off. Alot of guys (myself included) turn off the LTFTs because if they are positive prior to going WOT they will get added to the WOT fueling by whatever percentage they were prior to the WOT.

Potential Tuner
    I saved the original file before messing with anything. I believe ist set up the way you mentioned closed loop with ltft turned off . I believe the lean issue was being caused by the fpcm because once I turned off the 2 codes it was throwing everything when back to rich 12.7 idle but having trouble getting idle dialed in. Could the fpcm cause it to run on a different table? I ran 10an fuel feed and 8an return so the fpcm doesn't see pressure or anything... I may be in over my head with the gen 4 stuff most of the stuff I was reading about was gen3. 4 seems more complex.

Senior Tuner
    If you will post your current calibration file, we can get you pointed in the right direction.