Thread: E85 switching to 93 Octane

Potential Tuner

E85 switching to 93 Octane

Hello! I just recently purchased an '08 C6Z and the car is tuned for E85 only, with no flex fuel sensor installed. It's a h/c/i car and I have little to no E85 stations around me. Looking for some advice on how I could attempt to revert the car to 93 and off E85 completely. It has been tuned with HP Tuners before and I will link the tune file that's on the car currently to this post. I am very mechanically inclined but know little to nothing about how to properly tune. Thank you for any advice/help! -Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would have said to change the stoich back to stock but this is running some fairly large injectors it looks like. They scaled the tune to run these injectors it looks like but missed a step while doing it.

What injectors are theses?

Also the timing tables are rough to say the least.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I would have said to change the stoich back to stock but this is running some fairly large injectors it looks like. They scaled the tune to run these injectors it looks like but missed a step while doing it.

What injectors are theses?

Also the timing tables are rough to say the least.
    80lb injectors, the car wasn’t tuned well by the previous owner… I can tell that just from driving it. Here’s the mod list I was provided:

BTR stage 4 cam
    Advanced Induction Heads
    Holley Hi-Ram 105mm
    Nick Williams 102mm TB
    Kooks Longtubes
    FIC 80lb injectors

To get the injector data right, double check that all the data provided from FIC is put in correctly.

Check the min injector pulse, short pulse adder and the offset data that they provide with injectors.

For the injector flow rate we will have to again scale the tune to make it work. Take the FIC data for the flow rate and cut that in half because this computer has a maximum injector size of 63lb/hr. So for example if those injectors were 80lb/hr at 58psi, we would put in 40lb/hr to fit within the table. Then we will take the Stoich ratio and put in 14.68 for all cells, then take that number and double it. So the table will read 29.36XXX. And lastly we take the IVT Terms - AFR term and cut that in half. Doing this will scale the injectors to work "properly" with the tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.