Thread: Can someone check this log file

Potential Tuner

Can someone check this log file

Was curious if this is a safe tune for the truck. 2015 3.5 ecoboost, pulling around 5,000 pounds for one pull. Other pull is a wide open throttle going down the road. Is 3 degrees of knock acceptable.

--thanks for all the help
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would remove 3 degrees. Your logs look like you got in the truck and floored it. How much KR are you seeing in the 2000-4000 rpm range? If it were me I would rather have less timing and let it add more if it needs it.

Potential Tuner
    The only knock I've seen is above 5,000 rpm

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by saint11 View Post
    Was curious if this is a safe tune for the truck. 2015 3.5 ecoboost, pulling around 5,000 pounds for one pull. Other pull is a wide open throttle going down the road. Is 3 degrees of knock acceptable.

--thanks for all the help
    seems pretty safe to me, what octane are you using? pcm is pulling timing as it should. maybe post the tune file so we can see what you got in the tune. I would log the tune pulling the trailer up a long grade if you really want to see realistic log.
    Last edited by Stevekreger; 11-27-2021 at 06:14 PM.

I was suggesting removing timing only from the mapped ports where you have knock. In the quick log with the trailer you started off with 2.8 degrees of KR @3300. If it was me I would remove 2 degrees on mapped ports 6,7,8,9,10,11. Let the ECM add timing in if it wants it.

Potential Tuner
    This was 88 octane. I put some lower grade fuel in to see if it would knock. I generally run 91