Thread: Silverado ECM

Potential Tuner

Silverado ECM

03 Silverado 3500 Duramax
    I connected to the ODB port to save the stock file and it gives me the boot load fail message and won't connect. No aftermarket radio, unplugged trailer brake controller, and no anti-theft or remote starter on the truck. It will scan the vehicle and display any parameters I choose. Attached is the error message with the VIN number all messed up. Anyone seen this before?
    Attached Images Attached Images

May be tuner locked by someone else, I wish they would remove the ability to do so, ruins so many peoples pcm when they want a retune from someone or change setups

Potential Tuner
    The truck was owned by a local hardware store. I doubt it was tuned, but if it was, I could do a hard reset of the PCM and read the stock file. Odd that the PCM is stated as an 04 but the truck is an 03

If by 'hard reset' you mean flashing it back to stock using a Tech2/MDI and SPS, then yes, that would do it. But if 'hard reset' means pulling battery cables then, lol, no.

Potential Tuner
    I know that pulling the battery cables doesn't flash the PCM. I've inquired at the local dealership to see if they can reset back to stock but no reply yet