Thread: 1st Post Here > 2011 Corvette cammed LS3 > Adaptive Spark Control question

1st Post Here > 2011 Corvette cammed LS3 > Adaptive Spark Control question

This is my first post here on the HP Tuners forum.

I have a supercharged (Magnuson Heartbeat PD) 2011 Corvette GS (LS3 / A6). I just purchased the MPVI-2 tuner for tweeking the dyno tune that the car already has had installed in it.

The reason I would like to tweek the tune is because since installing an aftermarket cam (220*/234* . .585"/.585" . 118* LSA . -9* Overlap) the car has a side to side shake in gear or in park while cold idling. Once the engine warms up, the car idles pretty smooth.

Below is a post made by another member concerning the adjustment of the 'Idle Adaptive Spark Control' overspeed and underspeed tables to help smooth out the idle.

Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    .... if you want to try and calm the shake down go to the "spark" tab, then under "Idle Adaptive Spark Control" multiply both the over and underspeed tables by .5 (basically cutting them in half).

Well, the problem I have is that my new MPVI-2 software does not have the "Idle Adaptive Spark Control" option ... Was that something only available with the older MPVI-1 software maybe ?
    Last edited by Turbo6TA; 11-28-2021 at 03:37 PM.

The VCM Editor software and the tune file in your car are not changed based on which version of the interface you have.

You did not mention which VCM Suite version you are using.

You did not post the tune file you have a specific question about.

If the file from your car has the option available, it will be located here:
    screenshot.28-11-2021 13.47.12.png

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The VCM Editor software and the tune file in your car are not changed based on which version of the interface you have.

You did not mention which VCM Suite version you are using.

You did not post the tune file you have a specific question about.

If the file from your car has the option available, it will be located here:
    screenshot.28-11-2021 13.47.12.png
    I am using VCM Suite 4.10.7.0

I opened that attachment shown in your post, and I see that Idle Adaptive Spark Control ... But again, when I go to Engine > Spark > Advanced, this is what I see (no Idle Adaptive Spark Control) :

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 11-28-2021 at 03:40 PM.

You are in the default 'Basic' view.

screenshot.29-06-2021 23.02.12.png

blindsquirrel ... Thank you

Like I said, I am new to all this. I had no idea there was a Basic and an Advanced view ... I have been watching various videos about using this tuner, but no where did any of the videos mention this.

Again, thanks a bunch !

Dude, you have no idea how many times I have re-used that little screenshot. You are definitely not the first, and won't be the last!

They really need to get rid of Basic view altogether, it does nothing and exactly no one finds it useful.