Thread: LSJ: Tuning with methanol

LSJ: Tuning with methanol

well this will be my first time messing with methanol injection, well any kind of injection for that matter. Anything i should know? I'm assuming it will only be needed to be injected at high boost levels. My cobalt is not my daily and it doesn't see the track on a weekly basis. Its just my joy vehicle on nice days and whenever i feel like it. Below are my current and future mods.

Current:
    -Heat Exchanger
    -M62 with 2.85"
    -42* Injectors
    -HPT

Next month:
    -Dual pass plate
    -Meth injection
    -TVS Harrop SC with 2.8"
    -80* Injectors
    -Custom exhaust

Basically im just trying to get an understanding and receive knowledge on running methanol. How big of a tank? When to start injection? Anything would be great!
    Last edited by thebucky84; 04-25-2010 at 09:35 PM.

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

anybody?

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

Use the search button man. There are alot of talk about what a/f to run the car and and so forth.

yeah, i looked to see if there were any specific threads about tuning with meth.. but i suppose those threads may help

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

I've looked too. Seems like meth tuning is something that pro shops like to keep to themselves.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Here's what i do when tuning for meth. You NEED a wideband #1. I dont have HPT pro so i just base it off of the gauge. Set your AFR at something easy. like 11.5 in your PE. Set the meth to activate at say 10psi. Give it a WOT run and see where your A/F ratio goes to. If it was 11.5 before and now its 11.2 you see how much the meth effects it. If you want an A/F ratio of say 11.8 on meth set ur PE to enrich to 12.1. Then do another WOT run. Mine worked out well going right to 11.8. Then work on your Timing making sure you set the tables were you want them and monitor knock.

yeah i have a wideband installed on the car already.. sounds to be pretty simple. once everything is on i'll take my time messing around with it.

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

You give it a shot? Howd it go?

not yet, i wont be tuning it till the end of may. waiting on parts and still need to order some lol

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thebucky84 View Post
    not yet, i wont be tuning it till the end of may. waiting on parts and still need to order some lol
    Any news?