Thread: need help with tune on a e38 ECU 5.3l flashed to a 6.0

Potential Tuner

need help with tune on a e38 ECU 5.3l flashed to a 6.0

So I have a 2011 z71 4X4 that originally came with a 5.3. has been upgraded to a 6.0L. the issue is the old engine had VVT this does not so these codes are saying permanent they are deleted on the files so I'm a newbie please help!!!
    p0010,p0011. it idles very sporadic also throwing 02 codes as well here is the tune and a SS of the DTCs. looks like to me that they used a CTSV file which is a booted car IDK if that's what's causing these issue. let me know if anyone can help me figure this out. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    The tune is still for a 2011 Silverado.

Permanent codes are not current codes. They won't affect how it runs, and won't cause the light to come on.

The VVE tables were not modified for the 6.0L. I looks like it simply needs to be tuned for bigger engine.
    One thing that is odd...the file is a flex fuel calibration, but isn't calibrated for flex fuel injectors.

Which O2 codes is it throwing?

A datalog would help us give you more direction on this one.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the response, I'll get some data logs on here, also the codes are in the pic I added to the post thats all the codes that are popping up. I found a Stock file on here from a different post I copied some of the tables in various locations that I saw like air flow it had nothing in that table so I copied it over and some other areas I'm going to try that and see if it helps

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewittner31 View Post
    Thanks for the response, I'll get some data logs on here, also the codes are in the pic I added to the post thats all the codes that are popping up. I found a Stock file on here from a different post I copied some of the tables in various locations that I saw like air flow it had nothing in that table so I copied it over and some other areas I'm going to try that and see if it helps
    Those O2 codes are permanent codes and can be ignored.
    Feel free to email me if you'd like for me to get it calibrated for the 6.0L.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    email sent it will be from jack of all trades email FYI

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Those O2 codes are permanent codes and can be ignored.
    Feel free to email me if you'd like for me to get it calibrated for the 6.0L.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    [email protected]
    I too need all the help I can get if your willing... TIA!!