Thread: Missing tabs in most recent VCM Update

Potential Tuner

Missing tabs in most recent VCM Update

Hi All,

Would someone please guide me where to find a "glossary" for the VCM editor? I'm new to HP Tuners and trying to learn by watching YouTube videos. Since most of the tutorials are several years old and the VCM software is updated all the time, the layout and selections had change.
    As a noob, I'm still learning the abbreviations, terminologies and synonyms of the programming lingo, making it more challenging to learn to an already complex program. For example; I can't find "Idle Adaptive Spark Control" in the Spark tab or the "Tip-in Limiting" in the Torque section. I checked HPTuner's VCM Suite Online Help but I didn't find what I'm looking for. Thank you in advance!

The layouts and table names and available functions change based on what make/platform/controller you're looking at, and you didn't mention what you are working with. GM? Dodge? Mercedes?

Are you in 'Basic' view?

Have you discovered how to open the Navigator, where you can search for the parameter you couldn't find by just browsing around? Hit CTRL+N and type in your terms (or even the parameter ID number, if you see someone mention that instead of the name).