Thread: 2011 LS3 Corvette > Target Idle Speed *vs* Startup Idle Speed

2011 LS3 Corvette > Target Idle Speed *vs* Startup Idle Speed

2011 LS3 Corvette (A6 Transmission)

The Base Target Idle Speed *vs* Startup Idle Speed seem to be both adjusting the same thing (redundant).

The only thing I can figure out is that the 'Startup Idle Speed' sets the idle speed for the first 85 seconds of Engine Run Time ... After 85 seconds, the idle speed is set by the 'Base Target Idle Speed' numbers.

Am I correct in that thinking ?

Ron,

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 12-02-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Sorry I can answer your question directly, but put in some stupid numbers so you know which tables are in play.
    E.g. Put 1000rpm tapering to 900rpm in the start up table and put 750 right across the target idle table.
    Reckon you'll have your answer in 100 seconds.

Advanced Tuner
    It's going to choose whatever table is highest. You can use the startup table to taper your idle if you're having trouble with it crashing right after startup, but make the 85 second at operating temp range match up with your base idle speed.

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    It's going to choose whatever table is highest. You can use the startup table to taper your idle if you're having trouble with it crashing right after startup, but make the 85 second at operating temp range match up with your base idle speed.
    As you can see by the numbers above, that's what I did ... I just made all the numbers match.

Advanced Tuner
    FYI, I believe those startup tables are in Celsius.

Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    FYI, I believe those startup tables are in Celsius.
    Jeeese ... maybe your right. It don't say anywhere that I have found whether or not they are C or F.

The top one says *F ... but not the two bottom ones
    Last edited by Turbo6TA; 12-03-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Senior Tuner
    right click on the table and u should have a drop down where u can select row/units and see temp reading F or C ?

306*f = 152*c

edit: I have no idea why anyone thought it would be helpful for the forum software to automatically change an intentionally-entered uppercase letter to lowercase. I do not understand what has happened to this world. And don't get me started on the recent fetish for relative dates ('About an hour ago') instead of an actual date and actual time.
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 12-03-2021 at 07:50 PM.