Thread: g8 gt lsa first start

Potential Tuner

g8 gt lsa first start

Good afternoon guys, i recently installed the lsa blower into my g8 gt l76, im doing a start up tune but im getting a bunch of codes that the car just didnt had before the blower. im also tryin to tune maf only for the meanwhile just to get me going but the lectures of the maf seem to be somewhat off. i did try a new ls7 card style maf on a 4.5 intake, and the car didnt run at all, even with a camaro ss maf stock parameters and a lot of revisions. im also running a ctsv 3bar map i aslo tried to fail the stock maf, via hz error and physically disconnecting it ( i have a separate break out harness for the IAT sensor ) and the car wouldnt start either. i tried to completely disable the maf to force the the speed density but the car doensnt want to stay running. the only way that i managed to get the car to run and stay and drive is with the stock maf, however when i floor the gas to get into boost the lectures kinda stop and the afr goes pig rich ( 8/9 afr). small recap, i do have a wideband connected into the software, i tried sd, card maf and nada.

attached is the current tune in the car and a log from this morning. please let me know if anyone seems anything out of place.

thanks

diego
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Couple things. What injectors and all details on the current setup. There are some issues and the main issues being injectors and MAF curve. The flow rate is set for a vacuum referenced regulator. I don't know if this is the case or not but if so, the rest of the injector data is wrong also. You ABSOLUTELY have to have proper injector data based on what you have installed. I would disable long terms and look at STFT for tuning part throttle to get this thing running quickly. A wideband will tell you if its rich or lean right off if it doesn't want to run. I have used card style MAFS on countless LSA, Turbo and Procharged cars. This will work but need tuned and NO the factory curve of the donor wont work due to the cross section and design of the tube it is installed in being completely different than factory. Also that MAF curve is murdered. You have to start over. Nothing will run right with a curve like that. I am not beating on you at all. That is not my goal. You must understand that the basics are needed just to get to square one.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Badassbird View Post
    Couple things. What injectors and all details on the current setup. There are some issues and the main issues being injectors and MAF curve. The flow rate is set for a vacuum referenced regulator. I don't know if this is the case or not but if so, the rest of the injector data is wrong also. You ABSOLUTELY have to have proper injector data based on what you have installed. I would disable long terms and look at STFT for tuning part throttle to get this thing running quickly. A wideband will tell you if its rich or lean right off if it doesn't want to run. I have used card style MAFS on countless LSA, Turbo and Procharged cars. This will work but need tuned and NO the factory curve of the donor wont work due to the cross section and design of the tube it is installed in being completely different than factory. Also that MAF curve is murdered. You have to start over. Nothing will run right with a curve like that. I am not beating on you at all. That is not my goal. You must understand that the basics are needed just to get to square one.
    no offence taken, thats what im here for. right now i have stock lsa injectors (56 pounders), about the card style maf, yeah i totally wasnt expecting for that file to work like a charm, but to at least get me started on a somewhat stable idle. should i still take the SS file for starting point?

Full setup is as follows

2009 g8 gt e38 A6 l76 6.0
    comp cam 54-457-11 (torque cam)
    stock lsa injectors (56#)
    lsa blower with 3' pulley
    stock manifolds, with cats and stock full exhaust
    4.5 intake with ls3/ls7 card style maf ( not installed, but thats what i want to run)
    ctsv 3 bar map sensor
    deashwesrks 380lph fuel pump
    KB BAP (not installed yet)
    gm flex fuel sensor, installed but not setup yet.

also have some fuel inyector connection 1000's with data on hand, not installed yet.

big heat exchanger and supporting mods.
    Last edited by diegolag; 12-01-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Potential Tuner
    modified the same file with the Inj data from a stock ctsv injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    OK here is what it should look like if not using a vacuum referenced regulator. I put a MAF curve in there from a big intake LSA G8 that was done previously. Do a compare and look at what I did. These are suggestions. The Offset table for the Injectors really needs rescaled due to the scaling between the 2 files being different from the factory. This can be done by opening 2 software instances copying data from a factory CTS-V file over to the correct row in your file and interpolate between known good columns. Match them as close as they can get. You can only get close here......well you can get dead on with the correct regression math but it should work for you. The MAF curve needs to be tuned. You must log STFTs or WBO2 data against the MAF Frequency and make adjustments.

3.4 morning revision with revised ctsv inj data 12012021 v2.hpt