Thread: Write entire ZF from 6.4 to 5.7

Write entire ZF from 6.4 to 5.7

Hello ,
    I was thinking of writing the entire zf tune from a 2015 6.4 to a 2015 5.7 do you think it would work or will it brick the tcm ?
    I was thinking of using write entire.
    both of the transmissions are identical

I have a tazer and i enabled the srt pages

Banned
    Are the controllers identical with same memory allocation and addressing for inputs/outputs and communications?

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    If it lets you write entire, it will probably work.
    It should cause hptuner just lists it as zf 8hp

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Are the controllers identical with same memory allocation and addressing for inputs/outputs and communications?
    How can we check that ? They are the same part number from dodge , both transmissions are zf8h70 with exact part numbers just the difference in the tune
    I did check and they have different firmware number will that hurt?

Banned
    Not sure, all you can do is try and if it doesn't work, go back to original tune file. I honestly don't know if all the addressing for the inputs/outputs and communications and everything is all the same between the 6.4 and 5.7

Tuner in Training
    it will work no problem. I have tried many stock files from 6.4 to hellcat, super stock, redeye. The template applicator is the method I use and it will not copy the data over if it is incompatible with your OS. Using this method is faster but it does copy over everything, row and column header data. So be sure and review and compare and make the necessary changes before you write. The RPM limits tend to throw a check engine and watch for the trans / torq mgmt / general settings if copied over. Those tend to upset things if not left to stock config.