Thread: Throttle Body Issues

Potential Tuner

Throttle Body Issues

I am new to this, I don't know how to read this log, my tuner is not very responsive right now, they are bogged down with black friday sales. So I am coming to you guys here.

Right now at WOT the car runs fucking amazing... warmed up it idles nice and drives ok... So now the bad... its more prevalent when the car is cold, but when I let off the pedal, the car rpms climb. Most pronounced 4k and above, it will actually accelerate with my foot off the pedal. Lower RPMs when I let off it will hold the rpm, and after a while it will start to slow down. Below are the list of mods on the car:
    2017 Gen2 5.0, MT82 car, E85 only, GT350 CAI, GT350 TB ported by AFS, GT350 Manifold ported by AFS, headers, 3 inch exhaust, IMRCs Locked out, 47#.

The only thing that has changed was the porting to the TB, I have been running this TB (GT350) for about 18k miles with no issues, until now. I would attach my log but the website is not allowing me to, it wont even find my computer files locally. Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction, or find something I can take back to my tuner, when he responds.

If someone has the time to kind of break out the construction paper and crayons and teach me a little bit that would be great. If there is software or anything like that, that I need I can get it. Really eager to learn. I really just want to be able to read my own logs, and read and view the revisions from my tuner. Maybe attempt my own ghost cam... but crawl before you walk first right?
    Thanks Gents... and Ladies.

Senior Tuner
    Click on go advance

Go Advanced.jpg

Click on manage attachments

Manage attachments.jpg

Click on add attachment

Add files.jpg

Browse to where you have your log, and click upload.

Valid file extensions: bin bmp cfg csv doc gif hpl hpt jpg pdf png rro rrt txt xdf xls xlsx xml zip

Change the extension to one of those, and let us know what it actually is, if it wont let you upload.
    I've had it take a few browsing to the file and clicks of upload when my internet is acting slow. Its best to do this slowly.

Potential Tuner
    Yes, did all that and it will not pull up my files locally.

Senior Tuner
    incognito mode, or try another browser?

Potential Tuner
    log0014.csv

Restarted my browser

Senior Tuner
    HP's scanner can view .csv files, but isn't very good with them. Its really setup for the proprietary .HPL files.

To view .csv files download live link.
    https://az824306.vo.msecnd.net/softw...ink_Gen-II.exe

There is probably other software that works well with .csv files, but live link is pretty good once you figure out how to work with it. It can be very counter intuitive, and difficult to setup.
    The other one that I like is datazap.me. Its a website you upload them to. you need to make a free account, and I think the learning curve on it is even worst than live link. Theres no graphing setup on it, which is a down side for tuning, but doesnt really effect viewing.

Senior Tuner
    I see what you describe.

There's nothing in your log reading the accelerator pedal position. The throttle body is doing what its commanded to do.

Do you have a pedal commander or other piggy back system between the pedal and ECU?

stuck pedal.jpg

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    I see what you describe.

There's nothing in your log reading the accelerator pedal position. The throttle body is doing what its commanded to do.

Do you have a pedal commander or other piggy back system between the pedal and ECU?

stuck pedal.jpg
    No nothing like that. What value do I need to add that will read pedal position?
    Last edited by jsprek01; 12-02-2021 at 07:31 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe you need to log, at a high data rate:

Etc throttle angle error
    throttle angle source
    Torque source
    Rpm
    Desired airmass
    Mass airflow
    Throttle angle
    Etc torque request
    Engine brake torque
    Accelerator pedal position