Thread: OS 2bar upgrade

Tuner in Training

OS 2bar upgrade

Im new to hptuner got my mpvi2+ yesterday i got a p59 from a silverado 1500 classic OS 12597120

I cant make only 2 bar updgrade no rtt .. that alrigth but my question is for now in running my swap n/a going to boost next year , if i license my ecm rigth now with 1bar did it cost more credit to update later to 2bar or no?

And if i want 3 bar i need to change pcm or i need to license a other Os?

Maybe im better to find a other one with all capabilities but need to make sure it will work with my 2007 dwb stuff

Can you explain that better?

Does your computer have a 1 bar and 2 bar OS available?

Once you license the file the OS upgrades are free if you can do them. If you wish to apply the 2 bar OS at a later date that will be no problem. You just need the stock file to revert back to if you did any other upgrade prior to wanting the 2 bar OS.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can you explain that better?

Does your computer have a 1 bar and 2 bar OS available?

Once you license the file the OS upgrades are free if you can do them. If you wish to apply the 2 bar OS at a later date that will be no problem. You just need the stock file to revert back to if you did any other upgrade prior to wanting the 2 bar OS.
    Ok that good good thing that its free, was unsure about it

Know should i license this ecm even if it dont have 3 bar capabilities or try to find one i case a need more than 2bar in the future

Many computers/Operating systems do not allow for 3 bar upgrades. And I believe you can't just switch computers at random either. The Throttle body, Pedal and TAC module all have to match and so does the operating system it's using.

Going past 15 pounds of boost is a lot of power, most people don't ever need the 3 bar OS to make 500-700hp.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Many computers/Operating systems do not allow for 3 bar upgrades. And I believe you can't just switch computers at random either. The Throttle body, Pedal and TAC module all have to match and so does the operating system it's using.

Going past 15 pounds of boost is a lot of power, most people don't ever need the 3 bar OS to make 500-700hp.
    yeah pretty sure i will not need the 3 bar so i will license this one thank man!